Default My Document folder settings

I have a lot of folders in 'My Documents'. In order to view these folders
when I open My Documents I have to use the View menu then Explorer Bar then
Folders. Is there a way to default to this setting when I open My Documents?

Right click My Documents, click on Explore.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3A513818-379E-4953-9F75-169A0DCD2D02@microsoft.com,
john23 <john23@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have a lot of folders in 'My Documents'. In order to view these
> folders when I open My Documents I have to use the View menu then
> Explorer Bar then Folders. Is there a way to default to this setting
> when I open My Documents?

kelly

Hi John,

Right click Windows Explorer/Properties and type this into the Target path:

To have C: open and My Documents
%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:,%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\My Documents

For it to open to My Documents:
explorer /n,/e,%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\My Documents or
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,/e,%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\My Documents

To have My Documents open only (No folders)
Explorer /root, c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents
--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP