Desktop Icons.... Changing them.

Okay, here is my issue. For example, instead of my recycling bin having a
picture of a trash can, I know that I can change it because I've seen someone
to do it I just don't know how. I want to have pictures of celebrities as the
icons for my recycle bin, my documents, etc.

I know how to change the actual icons of the recycle bin, network, my
documents, my computer, etc.. but it only gives me a certain few to select
from, and they are windows default icons. How can I import celebrity
pictures to put as my desktop icons for the bin, network, comp, etc.

Do I have to make them myself and save them with a certain extention and
then browse the computer for them or can I download them from websites or
what? Can anyone tell me how to do this ? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop icons changing them

    Dawn, take a look here
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Creating+Icons+for+WinXP&btnG=Search

    "dawn" <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, here is my issue. For example, instead of my recycling bin having a
    > picture of a trash can, I know that I can change it because I've seen
    > someone
    > to do it I just don't know how. I want to have pictures of celebrities as
    > the
    > icons for my recycle bin, my documents, etc.
    >
    > I know how to change the actual icons of the recycle bin, network, my
    > documents, my computer, etc.. but it only gives me a certain few to select
    > from, and they are windows default icons. How can I import celebrity
    > pictures to put as my desktop icons for the bin, network, comp, etc.
    >
    > Do I have to make them myself and save them with a certain extention and
    > then browse the computer for them or can I download them from websites or
    > what? Can anyone tell me how to do this ? Thanks

    Right click on desktop.
    Select "Properties".
    Click on "Desktop:.
    Click on "Customize Desktop".
    Option is there to change icon.

    "dawn" <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, here is my issue. For example, instead of my recycling bin having a
    > picture of a trash can, I know that I can change it because I've seen
    someone
    > to do it I just don't know how. I want to have pictures of celebrities as
    the
    > icons for my recycle bin, my documents, etc.
    >
    > I know how to change the actual icons of the recycle bin, network, my
    > documents, my computer, etc.. but it only gives me a certain few to select
    > from, and they are windows default icons. How can I import celebrity
    > pictures to put as my desktop icons for the bin, network, comp, etc.
    >
    > Do I have to make them myself and save them with a certain extention and
    > then browse the computer for them or can I download them from websites or
    > what? Can anyone tell me how to do this ? Thanks

Configuration Desktop Icons Icons Windows XP