Desktop Icons.... Changing them.

Dawn

Okay, here is my issue. For example, instead of my recycling bin having a
picture of a trash can, I know that I can change it because I've seen someone
to do it I just don't know how. I want to have pictures of celebrities as the
icons for my recycle bin, my documents, etc.

I know how to change the actual icons of the recycle bin, network, my
documents, my computer, etc.. but it only gives me a certain few to select
from, and they are windows default icons. How can I import celebrity
pictures to put as my desktop icons for the bin, network, comp, etc.

Do I have to make them myself and save them with a certain extention and
then browse the computer for them or can I download them from websites or
what? Can anyone tell me how to do this ? Thanks

Dawn, take a look here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Creating+Icons+for+WinXP&btnG=Search

"dawn" <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay, here is my issue. For example, instead of my recycling bin having a
> picture of a trash can, I know that I can change it because I've seen
> someone
> to do it I just don't know how. I want to have pictures of celebrities as
> the
> icons for my recycle bin, my documents, etc.
>
> I know how to change the actual icons of the recycle bin, network, my
> documents, my computer, etc.. but it only gives me a certain few to select
> from, and they are windows default icons. How can I import celebrity
> pictures to put as my desktop icons for the bin, network, comp, etc.
>
> Do I have to make them myself and save them with a certain extention and
> then browse the computer for them or can I download them from websites or
> what? Can anyone tell me how to do this ? Thanks

Oldguy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004

Right click on desktop.