Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Monitor wont find signal for new pc

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 28, 2012 5:13:35 AM

It can turn on. LED light up connected to the motherboard. USB's wont work! not keyboard or mouse nor will the monitor find an signal. I tried on two monitors! My pc specs:

CASE SENTEY | GS-6050 HALCON R Checked!
MB ASROCK|Z77 EXTREME4 Z77 1155 R Unsure!
VGA SAPPHIRE|11201-00-20G HD7770 R Checked!
PSU CORSAIR|650W CMPSU-650TXV2 R Unsure!
CPU INTEL|CORE I5 3570K 3.4G 6M R Unsure!
MEM 4Gx2|G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Checked!
HD 1T|SAMSUNG HD103SJ 32M 7K % Checked!
DVD BRN ASUS | DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS% Checked!


both other monitors work on my other old 2002 pc.

is it my motherboard?

i put speakers. no beep

removed ram no beep

now question is motherboard or cpu....or power supply...but turns everything on just fine

a b C Monitor
a c 462 V Motherboard
June 28, 2012 6:12:19 AM

are all the fans moving?? you may have power but you could have shorted the mb out to the case?? have you tried the mb on the box it came with with just the power supply..video card and ram??
a lot of people forget to plug in the 4/8 pin power 12v atx1 plug on the top of the mb or they forget to plug in all the plugs needed for the video card. if your using a monitor with a blue vga plug and a adaptore the adapter could be bad.
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 6:37:17 AM

smorizio said:
are all the fans moving?? you may have power but you could have shorted the mb out to the case?? have you tried the mb on the box it came with with just the power supply..video card and ram??
a lot of people forget to plug in the 4/8 pin power 12v atx1 plug on the top of the mb or they forget to plug in all the plugs needed for the video card. if your using a monitor with a blue vga plug and a adaptore the adapter could be bad.


K so.

All fans moving.

I told my brother to build the motherboard outside the case but we only did the cpu and socket fan then put it into the case then install everything inside by carefully reading the mb manual. I removed the ram STILL no beep removed Vid card
still NO beep

Also we there is still power plugs unconnected due to removing video card

also Idk how the debug thing works nd I cant find it in the manual
m
0
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
a c 462 V Motherboard
June 28, 2012 4:37:56 PM

i would pull the vidio card and see if the onboard video is working. if it not and you cant see a cmos post screen i would start with the mb outside the case and see if on a table or the box the mb ships with you can see if the mb will post it cmos screen. you need the ram and cpu installed and the ps. to power up use a jumper or a flat headed screw driver and tuch the two power on pin on the mb. if it wont post there. unplug the power supply and see that the cpu is seated and there no bent pins. if there are none..could be a bad mb or power supply.
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 5:47:29 PM

smorizio said:
i would pull the vidio card and see if the onboard video is working. if it not and you cant see a cmos post screen i would start with the mb outside the case and see if on a table or the box the mb ships with you can see if the mb will post it cmos screen. you need the ram and cpu installed and the ps. to power up use a jumper or a flat headed screw driver and tuch the two power on pin on the mb. if it wont post there. unplug the power supply and see that the cpu is seated and there no bent pins. if there are none..could be a bad mb or power supply.



i pulled the video card out already. neither work onboard or card. mainly becuz it might b my mb


1. ram seems fine. No beep with it on or not

2. I have speaker and my motherboard has a on switch i dont need to touch two power pins and also the dr.debug doesnt work...

3power supply seems fine but i will try this later today


4. im certain it might b the cpu or mb....but power supply i will check just in case later

Thank you!
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
a c 462 V Motherboard
June 28, 2012 7:02:05 PM

take a case fan or a cpu fan and plug it into one of the 4 pin molex and then use the "power supply green wire trick" to see if there is some voltage from the power supply. if you have a volt meter i would check the output of the power supply.
if the mb not shorted...check that you did not over tighten the cpu cooler..you can bend the cpu or mb so it wont post.
the last thing to check is that the cpu is in right and there no bent pins. a lot of time in shipping a mb can bounce and the black cover can hit the pins bending one or when you take the cover off you can bend a pin or if the cpu was not seated right when the latch was closed it can smash pins.
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 8:00:45 PM

smorizio said:
take a case fan or a cpu fan and plug it into one of the 4 pin molex and then use the "power supply green wire trick" to see if there is some voltage from the power supply. if you have a volt meter i would check the output of the power supply.
if the mb not shorted...check that you did not over tighten the cpu cooler..you can bend the cpu or mb so it wont post.
the last thing to check is that the cpu is in right and there no bent pins. a lot of time in shipping a mb can bounce and the black cover can hit the pins bending one or when you take the cover off you can bend a pin or if the cpu was not seated right when the latch was closed it can smash pins.



Idk what is but the ups threw the box at my door =-= i hate shipping


I will check all of them! thnx for ideas i will get a volt meter
m
0
l
!