Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Graphics Cards
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 3, 2012 8:42:56 PM

Hi ,

I Will Buy a New HP Small form Factor . and i have Graphics card and other stuff , but my friend told me That My Graphics card is Not For Small form factor PCs , and my others cards are not for SFF , and i need Minitower PC . and i want to ask you if i bought a new Minitower case and install my motherboard in it , It Will works fine ? .

If there is another suggestions tell me please .

More about : sff minitower

a b U Graphics card
a b α HP
a b ) Power supply
November 3, 2012 10:10:58 PM

what HP are you planning on buying?

not all motherboard can be mounted into a regular case because they are special made for HP
November 3, 2012 10:13:36 PM

I'm Not Sure , Maybe HP dc5700 .
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 10:15:13 PM

The friend is probably right.

I can't physically examine your stuff, but normal stuff usually doesn't fit in SFF, only stuff designed specifically to be SFF does. Most of your stuff probably isn't like that.

BTW, I can't protest strongly enough against SFF in general. Better to find a way to hide a larger PC.

That being said, even if the parts did fit, there is no telling if they would work when inserted into a new OEM HP PC if that is what you are considering.

OEM PCs often make changes to their motherboards that keep parts from working, they also often use bad PSUs that can't handle increased strain from add in graphics cards (or graphics card upgrades).

You are highly likely to run into at least one serious issue if you go forward with your current plan.
November 3, 2012 10:23:28 PM

My Stuff is : Graphics card , TV Tuner card , Wifi Card , 500 W Power Supply .

Would this Work if i bought a new minitower case ?
a b U Graphics card
a b α HP
a b ) Power supply
November 3, 2012 10:28:26 PM

the mobo of the dc5700 will not fit into a regular Mini or Mid tower case since looking at the back of the computer the expansion slots are to the left of the back side connections. They need to be on the right side

stay away from SFF
November 3, 2012 10:31:42 PM

Emerald said:
the mobo of the dc5700 will not fit into a regular case since looking at the back of the computer the expansion slots are to the left of the back side connections

stay away from SFF

btw I'm not sure . it's a HP , core 2 duo 3GHZ , and 2GB of ram , certified for windows vista ,

as i see in HP Website , dc5700 is certified for XP .