Sign in with
Your question

What kind of experience should I be expecting from this overhaul?

Last response: in Components
November 3, 2012 9:28:30 PM

At the beginning of last summer I built my first rig. I went with a cheap, yet decent build because I was just starting out with a new job and wanted to finish the build soon. So I went with an AMD FX4100, EVGA GeForce GTX 550ti, and 970A-D3 mobo.

Well at the end of this month I'm completely overhauling my rig, and replacing the CPU, Mobo and Graphics Card and those 3 things only.
I'm going with an Intel i5-2500k, EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4gb FTW+, and an ASRock Extreme4 Z77.

My question is, what kind of performance boost should I be expecting? Skyrim runs at about 30-60FPS currently with a couple mods installed for graphics. WoW only runs at around 50-60.

Also one more thing- I've heard the i5-2500k is better than the i7 because the HT messes up performance in games so I'm solid on that. But I'm skeptical on the Graphics Card, the brand that is. I've heard here on these forums that the EVGA FTW+ or Asus version are the best, but Asus is discontinued. I saw a Galaxy version on Newegg and it won PC Perspective Gold Award and has a lot more reviews, all of them positive. I'm pretty solid that the EVGA will not disappoint, but I just want the absolute most out of my 670. If anyone knows any better mobos for around the same price, please let me know as well. Thanks!
November 3, 2012 9:50:49 PM

That should be a noticeable jump in performance.
m
l
!