Trying to install Seagate external Hard drive

I recently purchased a Seagate 3.5" external Hard drive and am trying to
install it onto my pc with Os windows xp.
It is a usb connection and should recognize it straight away but it doesn't.
I checked the instructions and it says i need windows xp service pack 1
which i do not have but i do have service pack 2 installed.
I am not sure what to do.
Can you help?

Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about trying install seagate external hard drive

    Did you attach the power supply that came with your drive
    and plug it in a wall electrical outlet?

    Seagate Disc Technical Support
    http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/index.html

    External Hard Drive Troubleshooter
    http://www.seagate.com/support/ts/external/index.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Dantum" wrote:

    | I recently purchased a Seagate 3.5" external Hard drive and am trying to
    | install it onto my pc with Os windows xp.
    | It is a usb connection and should recognize it straight away but it doesn't.
    | I checked the instructions and it says i need windows xp service pack 1
    | which i do not have but i do have service pack 2 installed.
    | I am not sure what to do.
    | Can you help?
    |
    | Thanks in advance

    Since you have SP2 this means you also have SP1.

    "Dantum" <Dantum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased a Seagate 3.5" external Hard drive and am trying to
    > install it onto my pc with Os windows xp.
    > It is a usb connection and should recognize it straight away but it
    > doesn't.
    > I checked the instructions and it says i need windows xp service pack 1
    > which i do not have but i do have service pack 2 installed.
    > I am not sure what to do.
    > Can you help?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

Configuration Seagate External Hard Drive Windows XP