***Please help with buying a Motherboard and CPU combo for 480 GTX***

MasterWilliam

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone for helping me with my previous question regarding the low performance of my 480GTX in 2 way sli.
Now that I have been enlightened that my CPU is most likely the culprit by bottlenecking my 480 GTX's, I want to ask you all for a suggestion.

Which Motherboard and CPU combo would perform optimally with 2 nvidia 480 GTX in 2 way sli configuration?

I have a motherboard question also. The North and South bridge controllers, how much do they effect performance in relation to the CPU and Video Card?

Thank you everyone for reading my post and helping me. Please respond quickly because I just ordered these new cards and I need a game plan if I am going to return them or upgrade to a new motherboard + CPU combo.

Should I follow through with upgrading the motherboard and cpu since I already bought the 2 nvidia 480 GTX's? Or should I just get a refund and get some low end cards?

Here are the specs of the components in question:

Video Card: Nvidia 480 GTX x 2 (2 way sli)
CPU: Q6600 Core 2 Quad operating at 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 8 Gigs of Kingston HyperX operating at 800 MHZ
PSU: 1000 Watt Thermaltake

Thank you everyone. Please reply asap with your awesome advice! I want this deal done and get on with my gaming!

MasterWilliam

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Please check the thread and you will see this guy geek approved pretty much was rude. Other members asked him to, and I quote, "Geek, lay off a bit, just go sit out for a bit and sip a cuppa." Afterwards , we didnt hear anything else from him on that thread. Here is the thread if you want to observe his ill behavior, dude is mad or something. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/333723-28-which-480gtx

What are you here for anyways geek? just to be more of an ass?