How to create a Show Desktop Icon on my taskbar

February 24, 2005 5:55:02 PM

Tried following the steps in the support centre and created a .scf file. I
followed instructions to copy file to
WINDOWS\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch which when completed should automatically create a Sho
Desktop Icon, but when I got to the System Profile folder there wasn't an
Application Data folder to let me continue. Anybody got any tips to help me
out please????
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 9:13:14 PM

"Mark Tomo" <Mark Tomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tried following the steps in the support centre and created a .scf file. I
> followed instructions to copy file to
> WINDOWS\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\Quick Launch which when completed should automatically create a
> Sho
> Desktop Icon, but when I got to the System Profile folder there wasn't an
> Application Data folder to let me continue. Anybody got any tips to help
> me
> out please????

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm

Courtesy Of MVP Doug Knox

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 2:30:14 AM

Hi

Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

Line 61 - right hand side

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups.

"Mark Tomo" <Mark Tomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tried following the steps in the support centre and created a .scf file. I
> followed instructions to copy file to
> WINDOWS\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
> Explorer\Quick Launch which when completed should automatically create a
> Sho
> Desktop Icon, but when I got to the System Profile folder there wasn't an
> Application Data folder to let me continue. Anybody got any tips to help
> me
> out please????
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 6:31:01 AM

Hi Mark,

This is where you might want to place the desktop.scf file:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations