How to create a Show Desktop Icon on my taskbar

Tried following the steps in the support centre and created a .scf file. I
followed instructions to copy file to
WINDOWS\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch which when completed should automatically create a Sho
Desktop Icon, but when I got to the System Profile folder there wasn't an
Application Data folder to let me continue. Anybody got any tips to help me
out please????
3 answers Last reply
More about create show desktop icon taskbar

    "Mark Tomo" <Mark Tomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tried following the steps in the support centre and created a .scf file. I
    > followed instructions to copy file to
    > WINDOWS\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch which when completed should automatically create a
    > Sho
    > Desktop Icon, but when I got to the System Profile folder there wasn't an
    > Application Data folder to let me continue. Anybody got any tips to help
    > me
    > out please????

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm

    Courtesy Of MVP Doug Knox

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    Hi

    Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 61 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups.

    "Mark Tomo" <Mark Tomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tried following the steps in the support centre and created a .scf file. I
    > followed instructions to copy file to
    > WINDOWS\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch which when completed should automatically create a
    > Sho
    > Desktop Icon, but when I got to the System Profile folder there wasn't an
    > Application Data folder to let me continue. Anybody got any tips to help
    > me
    > out please????

    Hi Mark,

    This is where you might want to place the desktop.scf file:

    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mark Tomo" <Mark Tomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tried following the steps in the support centre and created a .scf file. I
    > followed instructions to copy file to
    > WINDOWS\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch which when completed should automatically create a Sho
    > Desktop Icon, but when I got to the System Profile folder there wasn't an
    > Application Data folder to let me continue. Anybody got any tips to help me
    > out please????

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Windows XP