NOOBY_TECH911

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hello, i've recently upgraded to a GTS 450, with a 500W AYWAN PSU.
Also cpu is a AMD Sempron 3200+.
I started up my computer for the first time and i get this message saying: ERROR:System fan has failed. I have 5 fans running- that includes the GPU fan. But you know it says pc service mode press F2, my computer starts up fine boots fine and i can log in fine.
But for the first time i used it it was soooo slow.
So i decided to install a driver for the GTS 450.
It was the driver GEFORCE R304 DRIVER version 306.97 WHQL.
And so it was soo much faster after installing the driver but when i run games such as CRYSIS 2, OR PARANORMAL BETA 9, OR EVEN SLENDER THE EIGHT PAGES it runs at about 4-6 FPS. I mean that absolute BS.
I see youtube videos of the exact same card running crysis 2 at like 70 FPS.
and mine runs at like 15-20 FPS.
PLEASE HELP THIS IS THE FIRST PC I HAVE EVER BUILT. i have read a few forums that have said its the cpu. but anyway my question is:
WHY IS MY CARD RUNNING SO SLOW?
ERROR:SYSTEM FAN FAILED TO START WHEN ALL THE FANS ARE RUNNING?.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Solution
I believe your CPU is bottlenecking (heavily) the GPU performance in your video games. Try to invest in a decent dual core like the i3 or go for a amd quad core.

Also check your temperatures with HWmonitor:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Also what is your power supply wattage and brand? Also are any of the fans spinning at noticeably lower speeds?

Edit: scratch that out about the power supply you stated it above, I neglected to read it :lol:

socialfox

Distinguished
I believe your CPU is bottlenecking (heavily) the GPU performance in your video games. Try to invest in a decent dual core like the i3 or go for a amd quad core.

Also check your temperatures with HWmonitor:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Also what is your power supply wattage and brand? Also are any of the fans spinning at noticeably lower speeds?

Edit: scratch that out about the power supply you stated it above, I neglected to read it :lol:

Solution
Yeah, that CPU is old, first of all, and one of the slower CPU's in its range for the time, second of all, so combined, that makes for a pretty sad state of affairs.

A whole new system is my recommendation. You can keep the GTS 450, if you want, but the rest needs to go to the retirement home.

socialfox

Distinguished
+1^ CPU is very old, its slowing down your GPU. Also you may want to change your power supply, not exactly the best brand and not so reliable. Stick to something like Corsair, XFX, Antec, Pc Power and Cooling, Seasonic and high end Cooler Master and Rosewill power supplies.

NOOBY_TECH911

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

Hi there
Thank you for the help
But for some reason everything has speed up HEAPS.
Like i played a few high graphic games on the highest res i think it was like 1600xsomething, but it ran GREAT
i got like 50-65 FPS on crysis 2+ ALL MAXED OUT SETTINGS.
i also played skyrim and left 4 dead 2 maxed out and they all ran about a low of around 45 to a high of around 70.
Anyway i will look for a new mother board and a new cpu.

I ran Furmark on da higest res i could and the temp got up to 60 degrees, at about 64 frames a second-that was with anti-aliasing at x32.

THANKS FOR THE HELP.
By da way do any of you guys know why its saying ERROR:System Fan Failed.
PC SERVICE MODE F2 TO PREVENT DAMAGE.
Can someone help me with that?

NOOBY_TECH911

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

Because your current CPU is single core and its useful days are numbered.

Stock speed is 1.8Ghz (which would still be slow-er with a current CPU, but as old as that architecture is, its dead slow, by today's standards).

Also, with more and more games moving to requiring a dual core or better CPU as a minimum, it just doesn't make any sense to stay with what you have for much longer.

You could probably upgrade to an Athlon 64 X2 (if the BIOS allows), but that's wasting money, really.

The best option is to just scrap what you have and start over. That system wasn't great, even when it was new 6-ish years ago.

The GTS 450 isn't wonderful, either, but at least it's something that can be brought over to a new system.

As far as your System fan failure message goes, I have no idea what's going on, if all the fans are working like they're supposed to.

If you know that all of the fans are fine, I'd say it can safely be ignored, but it could be that the motherboard is having issues and may be on its last legs (yet another reason to scrap it and start over).