Sign in with
Your question

Cant solve lagging for Swtor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 4, 2012 2:26:57 PM

Well i've seen a whole lot of people having this problem and ive followed every solution ive seen. Still getting lag spikes in swtor. Fps will be around 50 for about 15seconds and then drops to 7 for about 3seconds. This is my config.

GPU: GeForce 9600 GT OC
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
RAM: 4gb PC6400 DDR2 800MHz

Not a monster but from what i've read should be run with graphics settings set to low.
I have shut firewalls and antivirus off. i run a memory cleaner, game booster, and have tried tuneup utilities' turbo mode.
This helped reach the numbers i explained above as they were much worse. All drivers are updated and nvidia settings were set for lowest quality and max performance. Cant think of anything else.

Any Suggestions or is the computer just too shitty for the game.

More about : solve lagging swtor

May 4, 2012 3:07:49 PM

mrivera said:
Well i've seen a whole lot of people having this problem and ive followed every solution ive seen. Still getting lag spikes in swtor. Fps will be around 50 for about 15seconds and then drops to 7 for about 3seconds. This is my config.

GPU: GeForce 9600 GT OC
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
RAM: 4gb PC6400 DDR2 800MHz

Not a monster but from what i've read should be run with graphics settings set to low.
I have shut firewalls and antivirus off. i run a memory cleaner, game booster, and have tried tuneup utilities' turbo mode.
This helped reach the numbers i explained above as they were much worse. All drivers are updated and nvidia settings were set for lowest quality and max performance. Cant think of anything else.

Any Suggestions or is the computer just too shitty for the game.

Can't help much as I don't play Swtor, but have you determined if the CPU or GPU are running at maximum during the spiking? Maybe keep MSI afterburner in the background to monitor GPU usage. Windows task manager does fine for CPU. If during the spikes, either the GPU/CPU maxes out, I'd probably say that, that component is to blame. Can't be really sure if I'm right though. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
!