Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Power supply advice needed!

Last response: in Components
November 4, 2012 1:14:51 AM

Hi guys, just wondering if this power supply would get the job done for my current build.
The PSU I'm getting is the Coolermaster Extreme Power Plus RS-500 Watt. PSU

My current build is:
750gb Hard Drive
GA-MA78LMT-S2 Motherboard
GTX 660 OC (Gigabyte)
AMD Athlon 2 x4 645 processor
4gb of ddr3 ram (Not sure what make sorry)

I know CPU's don't take a lot of power, but would this still be fine if I were to upgrade to an i5-3570 later on? With a new motherboard of course.
Feedback is appreciated, thanks. Also I'm from Australia.
November 4, 2012 1:38:04 AM

Oh wow, thanks. Didn't even realize, looks like I'll be steering clear of AcBel products.
Related resources
a c 87 ) Power supply
November 4, 2012 12:36:19 PM

There's no need to steer clear of all AcBel products, the ones used in the Cooler Master eXtreme Power series are low end to begin with, and chances are Cooler Master made them worse. There are probably high end AcBel units which are very good indeed.
a c 122 ) Power supply
November 4, 2012 12:57:10 PM

Cooler Master PSUs tend to be pretty crappy they do provide good power supply but those aren't extraordinary for the price. The Enhance models are especially good. All of the Silent Pro series are quite good.The rest i would not use even if somebody gave it to me i put it straight in the trash lol.

Best solution

November 5, 2012 3:32:37 AM

as for me, im searching for Corsair CX430 V2 at my area stores, single of then didnt sell this psu...

As for entry level, i suggest you for Corsair CX500 V2 cuz it is powerful enough and cheap for your rig in single rail. but, better off with dual +12V rail for safety through.
i do not recommend CX430 V2 for your rig cuz you will have tight upgrade or low wattage space unless you do not attempt to upgrade for at least 3 years.

well, depends to your budget. this is the website for Corsair CX series (sorry, no Australian site. just use money converter)
http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units/cx-series-...
November 8, 2012 3:50:41 AM

Ikmalhidayat said:
as for me, im searching for Corsair CX430 V2 at my area stores, single of then didnt sell this psu...

As for entry level, i suggest you for Corsair CX500 V2 cuz it is powerful enough and cheap for your rig in single rail. but, better off with dual +12V rail for safety through.
i do not recommend CX430 V2 for your rig cuz you will have tight upgrade or low wattage space unless you do not attempt to upgrade for at least 3 years.

well, depends to your budget. this is the website for Corsair CX series (sorry, no Australian site. just use money converter)
http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units/cx-series-...

Thanks, I'll definately get the CX500 then, it's quite cheap. Thanks for your suggestion!
November 8, 2012 3:54:12 AM

Best answer selected by debasser.
!