Sign in with
Your question

Just bought a klipsch s4a and i want to use it for gaming.

Last response: in Components
November 4, 2012 6:18:59 AM

Hello,
i have just purchased a klipsch s4a in ear earphone and i wanted to use it for gaming, so i bought a splitter that is not color coded.

the problem now is that i would like to only broadcast my voice when i speak. but it is broadcasting all the audio sounds of my computer such as when i am listening to a song through my earphone, it is also broadcasting the song.

is there anyway i can seperate the both as in i can listen to my song and not have it broadcast and when i want to chat in game, they can only hear my voice and not the other audio sounds of my computer?
November 4, 2012 6:42:07 AM

fiddle with the sound panel and any software that came withit, like muting everything but the mic from recording, and allowing wav on playback

else do it manual, with a separate ear for you music
November 4, 2012 8:44:14 AM

hmm, i have tried that already, but cannot get it to work, could it be because i am using a splitter that is not color coded?
Related resources
November 4, 2012 10:21:45 AM

look closely at the splitter and line in parts, Are they divided into two sections or three? or more? describe the splitter and where it's plug in some more detail. A common problem is mixing or mistaking mono, stereo, mono+mic, and stereo+mic. i.e a mono+mic input like the iphone is very similar to a stereo input. The color coding is helpul but in itself isn't meaningful.
November 4, 2012 11:26:03 AM

hmm, the problem is i got this splitter from a diy store so this splitter has 1 female and 2 male jacks. i just went to see the splitter and it does not indicate any thing. no mic or headphone symbols or anything.

it looks something like this ---> http://www.iaminthestore.com/black-3-5mm-1-male-to-3-5m...

but just with 1 female and 2 male jacks.
November 4, 2012 8:10:05 PM

look at your jacks or the picture, the parts that is gold or silver, see the black bands? there will be at least one, probably 2 or 3. that the part the decides how many channels are carried, 1 metallic section for ground, 1 section for each channel. is that part the correct? the diy store probably has a couple types of splitters, it's easy to grab the wrong one and end up mixing channels or eliminating them.
November 5, 2012 8:12:23 AM

i guess i grabbed the wrong splitters, cause checked with my friend and they said its an airplane adapter instead...
!