Just bought a klipsch s4a and i want to use it for gaming.

jeromeyeo

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hello,
i have just purchased a klipsch s4a in ear earphone and i wanted to use it for gaming, so i bought a splitter that is not color coded.

the problem now is that i would like to only broadcast my voice when i speak. but it is broadcasting all the audio sounds of my computer such as when i am listening to a song through my earphone, it is also broadcasting the song.

is there anyway i can seperate the both as in i can listen to my song and not have it broadcast and when i want to chat in game, they can only hear my voice and not the other audio sounds of my computer?

abbadon_34

Distinguished
look closely at the splitter and line in parts, Are they divided into two sections or three? or more? describe the splitter and where it's plug in some more detail. A common problem is mixing or mistaking mono, stereo, mono+mic, and stereo+mic. i.e a mono+mic input like the iphone is very similar to a stereo input. The color coding is helpul but in itself isn't meaningful.

jeromeyeo

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
sorry, its exactly like this one ---> http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-moray/

u can scroll down and see the splitter picture. its exactly the same. does not indicate anything. the only difference i can see between that splitter and mine is that the picture has gold jacks whereas mine has silver. not sure if it matters.

edit : mine is like this --- http://www.google.com/search?q=use+of+airplane+adapters+1+female+2+male&hl=en&client=ms-android-huawei&tbo=d&site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=JHeWUMS1KorMrQe9rICoDw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=488#i=2

abbadon_34

Distinguished
look at your jacks or the picture, the parts that is gold or silver, see the black bands? there will be at least one, probably 2 or 3. that the part the decides how many channels are carried, 1 metallic section for ground, 1 section for each channel. is that part the correct? the diy store probably has a couple types of splitters, it's easy to grab the wrong one and end up mixing channels or eliminating them.