FX 6300 Power connector

speakerman9529

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Hello, I will be buying a FX 6300 and I can't decide if to pair it with a ASUS M5A97 r2.0 or the ASUS m5A97 LE R2.0. They are similar motherboards and the LE version is 9 dollars cheaper but has 4 pin instead of 8 pin cpu power connector. Does the 6300 use 4 or 8 pin?. Which board is better the LE R2.0 or the R2.0? Thanks.

speakerman9529

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
M5A97 LE R2.0 The following table shows the supported CPUs for this motherboard
CPU Since PCB Since BIOS Note
FX-6300(FD6300WMW6KHK),3.5GHz,6C,95W,rev.C0,AM3 ALL 1006
If your motherboard BIOS version number is greater than the BIOS version listed above, then you will not need to flash your BIOS. However, if your BIOS version is smaller than the version listed above, then you will need to select and download the latest BIOS to update your system. We kindly remind you that there is a certain risk level involved in BIOS flashing, please refer to "BIOS Flashing Method ". If you still have doubts, we will strongly advise you to consult with a PC Professional or your PC dealer for further assistance.

Now I see that you can use the Flashback feature so ignore the previous post.
Easy, Worry-free USB BIOS Flashback
USB BIOS Flashback offers the most convenient way to flash the BIOS ever! It allows overclockers to try new UEFI BIOS versions easily, without even entering their existing BIOS or operating system. It even works without key components such as the CPU and memory installed. Just plug in any USB storage and push the dedicated button for 3 seconds. The UEFI BIOS is automatically flashed using ATX standby power. Worry-free updating for the ultimate convenience!

speakerman9529

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
That is only available on the R2.0 and not the LE, I guess I will buy the R2.0 to avoid hassles than, Thank for info guys. I take it that you just download the bios update onto a flashdrive and plug that flashdrive into the motherboard and press the button?

speakerman9529

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (4 -pin) ASUS homepage, Newegg, and microcenter all state different specs in relation to these connectors.. The info 2 lines above is from asus.com which I feel is more accurate. What does this mean.

speakerman9529

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
alright I was confused about the 8 pin cpu one, I watched the video you posted sunnk and it didn't really show how to do it with USB I kind of get the idea where you donwload the update-extract and put it on a flashdrive(Does the flashdrive have to be empty?), you then press that button on the mobo after inserting the USB and wait for it to be done I think... How do you know it is done? should I do it before or after i put together the pc?., Sorry for the many questions, I just want to make sure :)