Rebuilding a Thinkstation or Precision Workstation?

kenstation

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Hey Y'all,

I was wondering if someone (or if it is worth every buying) ever bought a spare thinkstation/precision case (somehow) or buying one for cheap and just using the case and rebuilt the machine with parts bought elsewhere?

kenstation

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
My apologies if this wasn't clear. Basically I was wondering if someone ever just got a thinkstation workstation case and built it up as a new machine with home bought parts just as you would in any PC build project. In simple words has anyone used a thinkstation case for a PC build project and if so were motherboard sizes flexible or were there complications in fitting parts?

kenstation

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
@italiasian,

I agree there probably are better cases but I do like the thinkstation case. Any ideas/recommendations on similar cases (aesthetic-wise in industrial simplicity)? I am currently also looking at the new Lian-Li V-750 and Fractal Core 1000 or 3000.

kenstation

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
I appreciate the feedback...Thanks! Please keep sending similar cases my way. The Corsair does seem good. Just out of curiosity with all these cases aiming for easy/tool-less handling also being very porous how do you go about security if you were to use this system in an environment that needs some watching. Would basic cable locks suffice? Any tips/recommendations from people who have experience in this field? THANKS