Solved

Stock Intel HSF Spinning at startup then stopping?

I currently have a motherboard,CPU,psu and thats it. My computer starts up and all the fans rev up besides the PSU fan *I dont know if its supposed to power on or not psu is Corsair TX 750 V2 thanks* and I know the computer turns off because of no ram but when I click the power button everything starts up and the cpu fan starts and then it just powers off. Could it be a problem with the fan or the PSU fan? Thanks.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stock intel spinning startup stopping
  1. This is because at low temps the TX series is designed to run without the fan on.
  2. richi3d10 said:
    This is because at low temps the TX series is designed to run without the fan on.

What about the CPU Fan?
  3. Hmm, not sure about the CPU fan, what model is it?
  4. I have done a bit of research and it seems that if the CPU is idle then the fan won't spin up. Best thing to do I think is too build the machine completely and see if under load the fan spins up, if it doesn't then you've got a problem, otherwise all is good. Hope this helps.
  5. Best answer
    At least with my build, the CPU fan (or fans on the 212 Evo) always spin up to near 100% at start up, but they settle back down once the boot process actually starts.

That part is nothing to worry about and there's nothing wrong.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers Fan