Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Stock Intel HSF Spinning at startup then stopping?

Last response: in CPUs
November 4, 2012 12:10:51 PM

I currently have a motherboard,CPU,psu and thats it. My computer starts up and all the fans rev up besides the PSU fan *I dont know if its supposed to power on or not psu is Corsair TX 750 V2 thanks* and I know the computer turns off because of no ram but when I click the power button everything starts up and the cpu fan starts and then it just powers off. Could it be a problem with the fan or the PSU fan? Thanks.
November 4, 2012 1:45:00 PM

This is because at low temps the TX series is designed to run without the fan on.
November 4, 2012 2:01:52 PM

richi3d10 said:
This is because at low temps the TX series is designed to run without the fan on.

What about the CPU Fan?
Related resources
November 7, 2012 9:24:35 PM

Hmm, not sure about the CPU fan, what model is it?
November 7, 2012 9:32:04 PM

I have done a bit of research and it seems that if the CPU is idle then the fan won't spin up. Best thing to do I think is too build the machine completely and see if under load the fan spins up, if it doesn't then you've got a problem, otherwise all is good. Hope this helps.

Best solution

a c 283 à CPUs
November 7, 2012 9:36:08 PM

At least with my build, the CPU fan (or fans on the 212 Evo) always spin up to near 100% at start up, but they settle back down once the boot process actually starts.

That part is nothing to worry about and there's nothing wrong.
!