New XFX 7950 DD keeps crashing!

I just bought a new XFX DD 7950 installed and was happy, so I downloaded the new drivers and then after using the internet for a few minutes it just went black screen and my PC booted itself and stated that it was a bluescreen. The same happens if I try to run the Crysis pre release demo but If i keep trying il get into it and it runs fine maxed out with nice temps too. So I thought it was a driver issue so I just formatted my HDD and reinstalled windows, this time GPU-Z gave a shorter driver version but it still has the same problem. It would load crysis and as soon as it goes in game for a few seconds my screen just blanks out and I need to restart my PC. I have know idea what the problem is here are my specs:
XFX 750W XXX EDITION
ATHLON II X3 450 3.2GHZ (Bad I know it will bottleneck but anyway)
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Crucial 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ
MDT 250GB HDD
XFX 7950 DD ( 800/1250)

Please help and here is a screeny of GPU-Z

6 answers Last reply
More about 7950 crashing
  1. Is it a driver problem or the card itself? I hope its not the card because if and when it wants to run crysis it is completely fine and maxed out.
  2. It sounds like it could be your PSU, if it happens when the video card ramps up for a game. What size and brand PSU are you running?
  3. AdioKIP said:
    It sounds like it could be your PSU, if it happens when the video card ramps up for a game. What size and brand PSU are you running?

its kinda on his signature
  4. Little OOT, GPU-Z says it run at Pciex 3.0 @x16 1.1 .........

Do that mobo even had Pcie 3.0... ?

hehe it's looks like a typo, can i use your pic to tell wizz about the typo ?
  5. the pcie 3.0 part just means the card is capable of running at pci 3.0, the 'x16 1.1' is what the card is actually running at.
  6. Yeah sure and I dont see how its running at 1.1 my board is 2.0. But has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? its really bugging me
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics