Sign in with
Your question

HD radeon 5870 12.4 driver installation problem please help :(

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 4, 2012 9:51:33 PM

Hello everyone could someone please help me out with this it wont let me install 12.4 HD Radeon 5870 Drivers whenever i install it and hit finish it says graphic drivers have not installed correctly. But 12.1 and 12.3 does i delete all my ati folders manually i express uninstall all amd software i dont know what else to do iv always had these problems its not my card 12.1 works 12.3 works why shouldnt 12.4 work? btw i used to get a bsod while installing the driver then out of nowhere my resolution is lowered by alot instead of getting bsod i get an error saying driver has not been installed correctly and when i installed the 12.1 and 12.3 the screen didnt flicker like its suppost to during installation it always did before asked me to restart and my normal 1920 x 1080 resolution was back but now my calayst wont open "sigh" and when i play the game i feel like i didnt even install any drivers

my specs

Intel core i7 920

HD RADEON 5870

9 GB Ram 6 Useable

windows 7 64 bit home premium

idk what to do iv been trying to fix it for days and days and idk what to do anymore but ask you guys for help any help would be much appreciated thank you for your time
a c 117 U Graphics card
May 4, 2012 10:05:40 PM

The Catalyst installer will say that it didn't install something correctly but what it fails to install might be something besides your video driver. Take a look at the installation report and see if it lists SUCCESS beside the Display driver, HDMI/DP driver, Catalyst, etc...
m
l
May 4, 2012 10:13:16 PM

ok will do ill get back to you on what the results are
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2012 10:20:25 PM

Well this is exactly what the Error Says " No AMD Graphics Driver is Installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the amd drivers appropriate for your AMD Hardware " exactly what the error says :(  but i did everything correctly

Desktop PC
Radeon HD Series
HD 5xxx Series
windows 7 64 bit 12.4 drivers i dont understand why its telling me this :(  how does 12.1 12.3 install but 12.4 wont :( 
m
l
May 4, 2012 10:28:31 PM

Uninstall the drivers with Driver Sweeper, than reattempt to install them
m
l
May 4, 2012 10:36:17 PM

i just cleaned it installing drivers now hope it works : /
m
l
May 4, 2012 10:47:37 PM

Well it didnt Work :(  im just gonna use the 12.3 drivers until i get a new GFX card which should be 5 months from now never buying from AMD again gonna get a gtx 680 from nvidia everything is so much more simpler plus their more awesome lol well thank you to all who offered their advice i very much appreciate it and gl to you all :) 
m
l
May 6, 2012 6:32:19 PM

Hi,

got the same issus ( also have hd 5870) but only in upgrade

if i uninstall and install i got blue screen during detecting..

my old drivers were version 10.11 so i roll back to them

if you have any news please update,

Roy
m
l
!