Sign in with
Your question

NO display on new pc

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 4, 2012 9:52:27 PM

I built new pc and tried breadboard first with cpu/ram/psu/mobo and got a display so i shut it off and then built in case... first i tried with everything and no display so i removed ram and tried and it gave memory beep code. So im getting a post but no display.

tried just ramm psu mobo and cpu in case no display.. wires are all good and everything was working before i put in case. mobo could be shorting on something but then i should get a post.

amd fx4100
asus m5a 78l-mlx
ati radeon 4450
lite on optical drive
640gb wd caviar blue
600w kentec

More about : display

May 4, 2012 10:47:34 PM

Video Card fully inserted into Motherboard PCI-e slot?

PCI-e Power to Video Card?

Correctly plugied in DVI cable.

Lots of things, I think there is a sticky in here about topics like this.
m
l
a c 253 U Graphics card
May 4, 2012 10:47:50 PM

You didn't make the mistake of pluging the monitor cable into the motherboard ports? Was your beep code a single beep? The video card seated all the way into the slot? Did you try connecting to the motherboard video connector with the video card removed?
m
l
Related resources
May 5, 2012 3:53:19 AM

I tried with on board and video card graphics and removed grahpics card and switched a couple time and made sure it was properly plugged in as well... then i tried with just psu/cpu/mobo i got 1 long and 2 short beeps i looked it up to confirm it was the memory error beep which is what i was expecting. so install memory and expect it to display and get nothing. But i know my ramm is fine because bread board worked and im not getting memory error beeps and i tried with just 1 stick.. no luck so im completly at a loss with this
m
l
a c 85 U Graphics card
May 5, 2012 4:04:03 AM

did you install the motherboard spacers in the case
m
l
!