USB power seems to cut off at start up?

noidis

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
So I've had this issue for a while, and recently after observing my other PC's I noticed it's only this one computer that has the issue.

Whenever I am starting my PC, as soon as the windows logo appears, the power to my speakers and other USB peripherals suddenly shuts off and starts back up.

Is this a bad issue to have? Could I fix it? And where should I start looking? The computer is nearly perfect in every other regard. It's just this tiny thing that drives me crazy.

Also, what sort of programs could I use to test my SSD and HD's speeds?

Thanks!
Noid

Solution
I wish I had some help to offer. That definitely sounds annoying. The only advice I can think of is that if it is at all possible to mess with that kind of stuff it would definitely be BIOS related. That's where I'd start looking. Then I guess look for some way to edit the order of powered devices and see if reordering helps at all. Sorry I don't have an answer. As for drive speeds I'm sure you could google that with acceptable results.

oxycontiiin

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
I wish I had some help to offer. That definitely sounds annoying. The only advice I can think of is that if it is at all possible to mess with that kind of stuff it would definitely be BIOS related. That's where I'd start looking. Then I guess look for some way to edit the order of powered devices and see if reordering helps at all. Sorry I don't have an answer. As for drive speeds I'm sure you could google that with acceptable results.

Solution