Getting a MOBO with no PCI

Solution
Ok. In that case, my only concern would be through-put. It's based on a PCI-E 1.0a standard which means a data rate of 250MB/s. PCI cards have a data rate of 133MB/s, so if you're looking at more than one PCI card, you could, theoretically, saturate the through-put and create a bottleneck.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I guess my question would be why would you want to use something like that. If you have a PCI card or two for an older system that you want to use and given the cost of this particular item, I'd check first, to see if just replacing the PCI card with a PCI-Ex1 card wouldn't be more prudent.

I think something more reasonable would be having a four PCI-Ex1 external expansion box that connects to an internal PCI-Ex16 (x4) slot.

Off the top of my head, I don't know of any USB to PCI converters.

-Wolf sends

fisher_1

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

engineering equipment that can't be replaced cheaply.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok. In that case, my only concern would be through-put. It's based on a PCI-E 1.0a standard which means a data rate of 250MB/s. PCI cards have a data rate of 133MB/s, so if you're looking at more than one PCI card, you could, theoretically, saturate the through-put and create a bottleneck.

-Wolf sends

Solution