Closed Solved

Sapphire 7750 or Palit/Inno3d gtx 550ti

Hi guys,

im about to make a purchase for a card for an Internet and Gaming Kiosk that operates 24hrs a day 7days a week.... i just want the best video card for the price, durability, power/temperature, and overall performance.... i know the GTX 550ti has better performance and it costs only $8 more here... but i also understand that the 7750 has less power consumption than the GTX550ti but has a decent performace too.... my question is... is the lack of GPU power of the 7750 worth sacrificing over the GTX550ti just so i can save on power?

I am alo considering that the Sapphire brand could be a better manufacturer of videocards compared to Inno3d and Palit... im not so sure about this.

These are the specs i plan to use it on:

Intel G630 (too expensive to upgrade to I3)
Asus P8H61 Motherboard
4Gig RAM
AOC 18.5 LED Monitor

Thanks guys
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sapphire 7750 palit inno3d 550ti
  1. Best answer
    Hello,

I would go with the newer 7750. It is built on a newer process hence it will run cooler, therefore should actually last longer as well. This would be a big factor too since you will be running it 24/7. Plus it will run quieter.

By the way the 7750 and 550ti are much closer than you think:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7770-7750-benchmark,3135-6.html

Personally...I would be kind of pissed if I walked into a gaming kiosk and found out it can play most games at 1920x1080 at around 30FPS...I would expect to at least see 40-60FPS in most games - if I had to pay for it.

Edit: You could even get a passively cooled 7750 to eliminate noise:

SAPPHIRE Ultimate Radeon HD 7750

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102980
  2. thanks Chainzsaw... thats completely understandable that ud get pissed but i think its gonna be fine since ive been running this kiosk using only 9500gt for the past two years.. hehehe i think an upgrade with this range of cards will make the impression... dont you think?:)
  3. unfortunately... we dont have those in here:) hehehe
  4. skwiza said:
    thanks Chainzsaw... thats completely understandable that ud get pissed but i think its gonna be fine since ive been running this kiosk using only 9500gt for the past two years.. hehehe i think an upgrade with this range of cards will make the impression... dont you think?:)

Gotcha. I stand by my vote of confidence for the 7750. Cheaper than the 550ti but performs nearly identical but draws much less power and outputs less heat.
  5. thanks... hehehe gonna spend some money now!:)
  6. Best answer selected by skwiza.
  7. So can 7750 run bf3, Mw3, Max payne 3 and crysis 2 smoothly at about 30-40 fps at medium game settings.....????
  8. Sure yes.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product