Dual Monitor problems

bernie AEGT

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Have Z800 with Nvida Quadro 5000 with two monitors #1 HP LP3065 on the DVI output and a LG on one of the Display outputs.

Everything has been working fine for the last six months. Decided to buy a monidtor calibrator and installed it.

I had both monitors on and selected the HP to calibrate. When I shut the sys down and brought it back up dthe HP would come on doing basic bootup then go off with the powere light blinking gree. After 20-30 blinks the secondad monitor would come on with thwe sign in screen. It wuld then switch back to the HP monitor. Sonetime the power light blinkg never goes off and the secondan monitor never comes on. I suspected the software i! Display Pro fir X-rite so unistalled it including cleaning the registry. Same problem.
It does not in my mind appear to be a hardware problem.

Any one have similar problems or a soultion. HP was not any help

if you can get into windows using safe mode and the issues is not there. it could be that the monitor software set the video res higher then the monitor could support. i would in safe mode set both to 640 by 480 and then reboot and see if you can get into windows. also while in safe mode look at msconfig and see if anything is left in start up.

bernie AEGT

Honorable
May 4, 2012

Think I have found the problem. When I tried to download a text copy of the EDID from within the Nvidia Control Panel there was none. The second Monitor did have a EDID. Which means none of the parameters were set for the HP monitor. Found a EDID Manager form Extron Electronics and it found all of the EDID in the registry. After removing all power from the computer and rebooting the Nivdia control panel now allowed a text download ???. Compared it to the Registry copy and it was the same. See how long this works.

bernie AEGT

Honorable
May 4, 2012
:wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: Found the real problem. When the X-Rite (I1Display Pro) program is set for ATC (Auto Brightness/Contrast Control) and Profiling is started it blocks the EDID from monitor so upon reboot the Video Card can not recognize the monitor.

This problem is monitor specific. The HP Monitor LP3065 is the one that is affected in my two monitor set up.

Two solutions to the problem, One is to Hard power off the monitor before or after the Reboot or to disable the ATC function of the program.

This has been verified on two different systems with the same monitor and with Technical support of X-Rite.