Western Digital 80gig ??

G

Hi, im new to this forum. I think its more serious than others, so ill post my questions here instead...

I am going to buy a new disc soon, and now I got a IBM75GXP 30.7 gig, it works great, but i need 2 drives, and I really dont want another IBM, cause Ive heard that there is problems with them. And now ive looking at other drives that are as good as the ibm in u know speed and such. I saw a drive from Western Digital, a Caviar 80 gig... for about 1811 swedish crowns, that is for u $160 ... I think this is cheap, cause it is 7200rpm, 8.5ms (i think or 9), ATA100, and eh, well 80gig... or should I get the more expensive and smaller 75GXP 61 gig, for about $250 ???

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Save a buck or two and have fun.
If I dont have a Porche it does not mean my Avalon will not get my butt where I want it to (just my opinion)

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Wow, the difference there is pretty big. Although I believe IBMs are the best, go for the Western Digital if that's what you believe is the better value :)

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

Iam very happy with my Western Digital, it replaced the noisy blowen up IBM i had.
Plan on buying another WD soon too.

:smile: Too damn hot in that kitchen!

G

Ya right about this forum, its the best place for adviceI have found.

Starting to think IBM is producing some bad stuff lately what do you think?

:smile: Too damn hot in that kitchen!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Where do you people get this nonsense about bad IBMs??? Either you got a lemon (which is unfortunate), or people are just morons.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

G

There will always be morons, just seems that lemon tree has a lot of fruit this year,,,
Whats up with quality control then, has it been pushed aside to make way for mass production/profit?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/22/01 08:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
go with the western digital... cheaper and larger... not significantly slower... should be good...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

TRENDING THREADS