Sign in with
Your question

GTX 560 or Radeon 6870?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 5, 2012 3:38:42 AM

I just upgraded my computers components from AMD to Intel i5. My GPU was the newest & best item in old computer taking away win 7 & the storage drives. But ive been a researching and im sick of it, LOL. im looking at either gtx 560 (no ti) or the radeon 6870. Im leaning towards the 560, but if someone gives me a reason good enough for the 6870, i may go that way. SO, my question guys is, what manufacturer and card is best performance and quality??

More about : gtx 560 radeon 6870

a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2012 5:17:23 AM

Well the gtx 560 has better tessellation performance than the hd6870 (in general the hd6000's) did not do too well with tessellation. The gtx also has CUDA if you are planing to use certain applications that take advantage like sony vegas, and certain adobe apps. Both cards have similar performance, but I would go for the gtx560. It is up to you, but if you go with the Nvidia card Evga makes great cards. Also if you are going with an AMD card go with Sapphire, HIS, or XFX, stay away from powercolor. Also have you considered a non-reference model, like one with better cooling? If you plan on overclocking that will be helpful.

Hope this helps
m
l
Related resources
May 5, 2012 6:20:23 AM

im not big into gaming on my pc outside of playing WOW alot and shortly will be playing the crap out of diablo 3. but neither of those games are as demanding as most your other big games. I just wanna get the best i can for the money i spend. i'd really like to wait till they drop in price, but who knows when that'll happen. im still a few weeks out b4 i'll have the extra funds so hopefully i can make my mind up by then. id think about running 2 like 550 ti cards cuz it would be a tad more in price (card speaking) but worth it in performance. But id have to upgrade my power supply so then it doesnt begin to be worth it. thx for ur guys suggestions, more people are welcome to add there input.
m
l
May 5, 2012 6:27:38 AM

imonlymyself said:
im not big into gaming on my pc outside of playing WOW alot and shortly will be playing the crap out of diablo 3. but neither of those games are as demanding as most your other big games. I just wanna get the best i can for the money i spend. i'd really like to wait till they drop in price, but who knows when that'll happen. im still a few weeks out b4 i'll have the extra funds so hopefully i can make my mind up by then. id think about running 2 like 550 ti cards cuz it would be a tad more in price (card speaking) but worth it in performance. But id have to upgrade my power supply so then it doesnt begin to be worth it. thx for ur guys suggestions, more people are welcome to add there input.

yea i kind of laughed when u wrote this lol if ur going to play WoW which i assume is world of warcraft.... get a fregin hd5750.... wow has such bad graphics getting a card like the 560 or 6850 is a waste -.- so if ur going to get a graphic card to play wow..... make sure its under 150 dollars . or even 100 dollars. im not trolling, wow graphic does not require good hardware. i can play wow on max settings no lag at 120fps with a radeon hd 5770 + amd phenom x4 ii black edition.
m
l
May 5, 2012 6:45:50 AM

well diablo takes a bit more than wow, but not alot and i did say they werent nearly as demanding. but im using a 3870 atm which works nicely because of my new computer build, but id like to buy for the future as well. im not going to get carried away and pay over $200, but around $150 for a card that will get me a long ways down the road (providing it doesnt fail). i dont go extreme but i also not 1 of those get me by kinda people either. u may say ur not trolling but idk, i did say i play wow, gunna be playing diablo 3, not going to play wow, did the going to be playing it like 6 years ago. im well aware that wow is more a cpu game actually. im asking suggestions only because i cant make my mind up on it really, not cuz im a retard.
m
l
May 5, 2012 3:38:28 PM

dont be shy people, write ur opinion and suggestion on Card manufacturer & model i should go with. remember the 6870 & 560 are whats to be chosen. wouldnt care if ya make a good pitch for the 560 ti, 550 ti or 6850, just no cheapo cards or anything over the 560 ti price range
m
l
a c 605 U Graphics card
May 5, 2012 4:59:28 PM

This is easy; the 560 overclocks like crazy, while the 6870 has very little headroom for overclocking. When overclocked, the 560 wins every time. Also, WoW significantly favors Nvidia cards. You also get nice driver support and extra features like Adaptive VSync, PhysX, FXAA, etc.
m
l
May 5, 2012 5:02:35 PM

thx matto. helping me lean further towards the 560. if i catch a 560 ti on a good sale, i'll splurge for that instead, but its looking like 560 is what i'll be going with. thx for your suggestion & advice
m
l
!