Sign in with
Your question

Not booting/Hibernation/sleep issues

Last response: in Components
November 4, 2012 9:17:54 PM

Please help. Have posted several times in diffrent categories.
Hey guys,

Got a bit of a weird problem. A few days ago I completed my first computer build . I loaded up windows and everything works great.....EXCEPT a couple of things that are annoying the hell out of me. I'm having issues with the computer not waking up after falling asleep. All the drivers are up to date for everything in the system. I have tried changing the power settings in different ways for instance i told the computer to never cut power to the hard drive as i have an SSD and i heard they dont like hibernation. I also made sure both the keyboard and mouse are able to wake the computer up. Well I thought that fixed it because i let the computer sleep all night and in the morning i tapped space and it woke right up. Before all it would do is turn the fans on but the screen would remain blank and the LED would be blinking on the computer like it was sleeping. So i went to work and called my wife to ask how the computer was doing and she said it wouldnt wake up just like before when i got home i confirmed this. WTH!! It slept all night and woke up why wont it now. I have to do a hard boot to get it running and sometimes it wont work the first time ill still get a blank screen and i have to do it again. Earlier i shut it down and left it for a few minutes came back to start it up and all i got was a blank screen and the key board would light up though the fans were all running on the computer. I tried again and windows booted up.I know i could just turn sleep/hibernation off but this is driving me nuts i want to know what is going on. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Asrock 970 Exteme 3 MB

AMD 965 Phenom ii BE CPU

Saphire Radion HD 6870 GPU

Rosewill 630 watt PSU RG630

November 4, 2012 9:30:53 PM

Hi there, under power options have you set the hard drive to never turn off? You should leave it like that, let me know how that goes. Anyways you can also try a bios update if not done already and have you done any overclocking with the ram?
m
l
November 4, 2012 9:40:18 PM

socialfox said:
Hi there, under power options have you set the hard drive to never turn off? You should leave it like that, let me know how that goes. Anyways you can also try a bios update if not done already and have you done any overclocking with the ram?

Yes I have tried that and i thought that worked as youll see in my message it slept overnight and woke up when i tapped the space bar but then i left for work and its doing the same thing again. No i havent flashed the BIOS. Im a little nervous about doing that.
m
l
November 4, 2012 9:41:25 PM

No ram overclocking.
m
l
!