No video on any other input once DisplayPort plugged in?

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Hey guys, I'm running GTX 460 1GB's in SLI and I've been using DVI and HDMI to get a dual screen setup with my old Viewsonic VX2025WM (DVI) and my Toshiba 32" LCD TV (HDMI). Recently I bought a new Dell U2412M monitor and a DisplayPort cable to go alongside it. When I plug my DP cable into one of the cards, I notice that I get no signal from my HDMI cable no matter which card I plug the HDMI cable into. Is there a reason for this? I've never used a DP cable before so I'm confused as to why this is happening. The main reason I want the HDMI on to the TV is because I have everything in the bedroom so it's nice to move watching movies with the wife on the bigger TV without the need for headphones. Do I have to choose either DP or HDMI or something? =\

G

the GTX 460 MAY NOT support both DP and HDMI at the same time.

i have been looking around to confirm this but i cannot find anything ATM. even the nV9idia site to set up 2d surround does not show DPs being used:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-system-requirements.html

you may want to also check the nVidia control panel to see if there is a configuration adjustment that will help.

worse case scenario is using DVI to both monitors and HDMI to the TV.

As sk1939 said Nvidia cards except I believe for the GTX680 can only drive 2 monitors from a single card. Support for 3 monitors has been limited to ATI until the GTX680. For your last question I can't say as I have not used Nvidia cards since the 7800GS but ATI has no problems using DisplayPort and HDMI at the same time so it should not be a problem for Nvidia.

G

i only reposted this so people see you are trying to use TWO cards.

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah to be clear I'm using DP on one card and HDMI on the other. But when I do that I only get a signal on the DP port. Is there a reason for this? Anyone?