Ati 6770 driver issues 12.4 turns into 11.5.

spuds mckenzie

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hi i been having this problem lately that everytime i fully delete my ATI drivers and install others My 12.4 driver (i choose to install either run/ or download file) will turn into 11.5 and tell me to update again.

and when i try updating again instead of deleting the file and installing drivers, it's just an endless cycle of installing 12.4 but turning into 11.5

doing it on administrator.

tried clearing registry before. after removing drivers and with CCleaner.

used bit defender to remove files too with its shitty uninstall tool..

should i use a good uninstaller?
whats a good one?
or is there another way to fix this?
i dont really want to reboot my computer files.

spuds mckenzie

Honorable
May 5, 2012

I can Install 12.3 but can't update to 12.4 still... think its cause i have pos amd 8120 and damn ati?

rdc85

Honorable
I'm just install 12.4 on top off 12.3 no problem like yours so no idea i'm affraid....

There a leaked driver that supposed to be better than 12.4, u may find intrested....

Btw can u check individual driver version not just the catalist version the 12.4 whql have

2D Driver Version "8.01.01.1243"
Direct3D Version "7.14.10.0903"
OpenGL Version "6.14.10.11631"

gir6543

Honorable
May 9, 2012
i'm having the same issue as you. are you trying to crossfire?
if you have any luck or find a solution somewhere else please post

@DogSnake for me personally i am using remove program to uninstall. it is using the AMD catalyst uninstall program

gir6543

Honorable
May 9, 2012
emailed AMD, this was their response. figured i'd share

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for contacting AMD

I understand that you installed 12.4 but the system information has not changed to 12.4 instead it states that it’s running Catalyst version 11.5. If I have missed any critical information please let me know as my suggestions may change.

It has been a noted issue that when you update to Catalyst 12.4 it does not change the system information. Our Catalyst engineering team is currently working on it and there should be a fix for it in 12.5. If you went through the 12.4 installation and it was all successful it means that the system is using the 12.4 drivers just that the system information did not change. If you do need a current version number in the system information to play games or to run a certain application my recommendation is to install 12.3 for now till 12.5 is released.

Windows 7 64bit previous drivers:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care