First Time Building PC Questions

jackieleung128

Honorable
May 28, 2012
I managed to build a PC for the first time today with a help of a friend, but I still have a question. I have a HAF 912 case and it has two fans with white plugs. However, I'm not sure where I connect those white plugs to in order to get the fans working, so I'm hoping to get some help with that. I'm also not sure if this is the right section for my question, so I apologize if it isn't. Thank you.

Solution
yup! that's normal :) just plug it in the right direction where the fan port fits the fan connector itself...you won't go wrong with that cause both have universal standard on how you place it in :)

rdx07

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
hey there! that'll seem to be easy for you :) you can go and check your motherboard manual for that or simply just find a white 3 or 4 pin on your motherboard and if you saw it, there's a label there indicating it's for fan...what's your motherboard btw?

jackieleung128

Honorable
May 28, 2012
My motherboard is a

ASUS P8Z77-V Pro LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 SLI 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 DisplayPort USB3.0 Motherboard

I found the fan ports and they all have 4 pins, but the fan plugs have 3 pins. Do I just plug in 3 of the 4 pins?

Thank you both for your replies btw.

rdx07

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
yup! that's normal :) just plug it in the right direction where the fan port fits the fan connector itself...you won't go wrong with that cause both have universal standard on how you place it in :)

Solution