Sign in with
Your question

Problem with loading graphics (it seems)

Last response: in Systems
June 28, 2012 11:06:34 PM

Hi,

First post so sorry if i miss anything. I have a 3 month old home build pc which i copied the specs for from my one at my gaming lab at university. The strange thing is whenever the games are loading graphics memory (i.e the loading screen for fifa, or whenever moving through large areas in skyrim as it loads in things on the fly) there is a huge framerate hit on my home computer, which doesnt happen on my pc in the lab. Basically everything slows to a crawl and is unplayable until the loading stops. A similar problem is the time it takes to enter a game in left for dead 2, where i seem to load up to half a minute after friends. Again this doesnt happen in university.

My build is:

i7-2600k
GTX 560 ti (not overclocked)
8gb corsair vengeance 1333mhz ddr3
750w psu,
not sure what case it is but keeps everything running cool.

I have tried changing anti virus, as well as allowing the programs to bypass it (through exceptions). Not much more I can thing of. Any help is seriously appreciated as i put a shed load of money into this. I'm a decent programmer but my computer architecture knowledge could be better!

Thanks in advance
a b B Homebuilt system
June 29, 2012 7:25:24 AM

what kind of HDD do you have? the HDD would be the one causing your lag.

you can try to defrag it. you might need to get a faster HDD or a SSD

June 29, 2012 10:36:04 AM

jerreddredd said:

Hi mate, Yeah i am using a 7200rpm 500gb hdd which is the same type as the one in the university build (both get 5.9 in that windows experience index thing). I was worried it was that, and it may still be, but it's a bit strange that the problems only happen on one comp and not the other
Related resources
June 29, 2012 10:36:31 AM

jerreddredd said:

Hi mate, Yeah i am using a 7200rpm 500gb hdd which is the same type as the one in the university build (both get 5.9 in that windows experience index thing). I was worried it was that, and it may still be, but it's a bit strange that the problems only happen on one comp and not the other
June 29, 2012 10:37:27 AM

jerreddredd said:

a b B Homebuilt system
June 29, 2012 2:10:07 PM

skillbane said:

try running Check disk on it and check your system event's log to see maybe there are some errors.
!