Computer keeps restarting in bios

wasdlmb

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
Hi, i recently built my second computer, but can not get it to run. every time i turn it on, it runs for a few seconds, and then seems to restart itself. most of the time it gets to the screen were it displays the motherboard name, but sometimes it never even sends video single. please help.

specs:

Case: Antec Three Hundred

MoBo: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3

PSU: LOGISYS Computer PS550ABK

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB

DVD: SONY Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - OEM

Solution
Look at your mobo manual, according to ASROCK, your internal chassis speakre header is number 26 which is situated beneath your power LED header.

there will be a + and a -, you need one of these from your local computer store, plug it in, and if the mobo has error it will buzz the appropriate error code for you to decode. If it's silent, then it's a buggered motherboard and it will need replacing.

teh_gerbil

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Have you cleared the CMOS?
Have you double checked all the PSU cables are plugged into the mobo?
Have you tried unplugged EVERYthing, but 1 stick of RAM, PSU and CPU into mobo and see if it boots?

(I know you've already made one, but if i had a dollar for every stupid mistake I shouldn't have made due to experience i'd be a very rich man.)

teh_gerbil

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
What about JUST mobo + power.

Does it have an onboard buzzer, or are there headers on the mobo for a buzzer?

most modern mobo's don't have a buzzer, I feel this one doesn't. Source one and listen for the beeps!

Edit: just googled it and indeed, no buzzer. You need to source one.

teh_gerbil

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Look at your mobo manual, according to ASROCK, your internal chassis speakre header is number 26 which is situated beneath your power LED header.

there will be a + and a -, you need one of these from your local computer store, plug it in, and if the mobo has error it will buzz the appropriate error code for you to decode. If it's silent, then it's a buggered motherboard and it will need replacing.

Solution