GTX 670 Board/Card is TINY???

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/5/4/nvidia-radically-reduces-geforce-gtx-670-board-size.aspx
gtx670-pcb.jpg

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/13041/
This card is SMALL!!!
NVDA_GTX670_Back_689.jpg

geotek

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Impressively small. Appears to generate a lot of heat for its size given the two power connectors and the heatsink/fan style in the image. What does this mean for the more traditional GPU coolers that dont expel air out the back? Will they take up 3 slots to make up for the loss of surface area, or do what asus did with the 7850 and have it over hanging?

Wow yeah whats going on there... interesting but kinda odd... You would think they would atleast space out the components a bit more since they have the heatsink taking up the space they saved by cramming it all together... or atleast add blank space to serve as a brace for the massive heatsink.

G

Ya i like smaller cards thats one thing i always liked about my gtx 460's.Alot of performance for a small package...

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
i wonder how much cost they need to build it? this must be cheap to build right? if it in the sub 300 , just too good to be true. but i hope so.

I would go so far to say that it is a ripoff if it is going for such a high price. Looks like that it is only 128bit even though the pcb has empty pads for a 256bit configuration. second keeping the power vrm cool as well the rest of the card looks a little worrisome. If it were in the $200-300 range then maybe but Nvidia is awfully greedy as of late >.>

G

Its about performance and from what im reading it clearly beats a 7950.It should indeed be in the $350-$400 price range.You guys try to be to technical over this when bottom line is performance.

G

Judging by the performance vs the gtx 680 Im thinking $419 at launch but will see.Having a hard time believing the performance is so close to the gtx 680.Heck i might even be interested in getting a pair of these once there in the $300 price range.