Selling second hand

After you have used the 1 month trial is it possible to sell the game since
the CD key has been used.
Obviously they wouldn't be getting a free one month trial and would have to
pay straight away if its possible. Do you need to ring Blizzard up?

Fugwump wrote:
> After you have used the 1 month trial is it possible to sell the game
> since the CD key has been used.
> Obviously they wouldn't be getting a free one month trial and would
> have to pay straight away if its possible. Do you need to ring
> Blizzard up?

Nope, you don't need to give Blizzard a call. Just give the game and
everything to the person, obviously. And tell them your username/password.
As a service to them, be sure to tell them to chnage the password right away
for their own security. They won't be able to change the username though.

"Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> wrote in message
> Fugwump wrote:
> > After you have used the 1 month trial is it possible to sell the game
> > since the CD key has been used.
> > Obviously they wouldn't be getting a free one month trial and would
> > have to pay straight away if its possible. Do you need to ring
> > Blizzard up?
>
> Nope, you don't need to give Blizzard a call. Just give the game and
> everything to the person, obviously. And tell them your username/password.
> As a service to them, be sure to tell them to chnage the password right away
> for their own security. They won't be able to change the username though.

And out of fairness, it would be nice to warn them that they are taking the
risk you might steal back the account at any time in the future, if the spirit
so moves you.

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message

> "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> wrote in message
>> Fugwump wrote:
>> > After you have used the 1 month trial is it possible to sell the game
>> > since the CD key has been used.
>> > Obviously they wouldn't be getting a free one month trial and would
>> > have to pay straight away if its possible. Do you need to ring
>> > Blizzard up?
>>
>> Nope, you don't need to give Blizzard a call. Just give the game and
>> everything to the person, obviously. And tell them your username/password.
>> As a service to them, be sure to tell them to chnage the password right away
>> for their own security. They won't be able to change the username though.
>>

> And out of fairness, it would be nice to warn them that they are taking the
> risk you might steal back the account at any time in the future, if the spirit
> so moves you.

How would you be able to do that, after they changed the account password?
-Marshall

"Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Nope, you don't need to give Blizzard a call. Just give the game and
> >> everything to the person, obviously. And tell them your
username/password.
> >> As a service to them, be sure to tell them to chnage the password right
away
> >> for their own security. They won't be able to change the username though.
> >>

> > And out of fairness, it would be nice to warn them that they are taking
the
> > risk you might steal back the account at any time in the future, if the
spirit
> > so moves you.
>
> How would you be able to do that, after they changed the account password?
> -Marshall

Call Blizzard customer service. Tell them you are the original account owner,
and provide proof of the fact, usually in the form of the account key, and the
original billing information that the account was first set up with. Then
tell them that you lost your password, or pretend you were hacked and the
account was stolen, or tell them your non-existent little brother changed the
password, etc. Blizzard will reset the password and mail it to the original
owner.

Blizzard takes the position that accounts cannot be legally transferred to a
new owner, so there's not much point in the "new" owner protesting to them.
The most Blizzard will do, if you somehow find a way to prove they actually
sold it to you, is disable the account for breaking the Terms of Service, so
that neither party can access it.

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

On Sat, 07 May 2005 01:02:36 GMT, "Marshall" <Marshall@nospam.com> scribed
into the ether:

>"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Dirty Redpool" <dirtredpooll@something.something> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Nope, you don't need to give Blizzard a call. Just give the game and
>>> everything to the person, obviously. And tell them your username/password.
>>> As a service to them, be sure to tell them to chnage the password right away
>>> for their own security. They won't be able to change the username though.
>>>

>> And out of fairness, it would be nice to warn them that they are taking the
>> risk you might steal back the account at any time in the future, if the spirit
>> so moves you.
>
>How would you be able to do that, after they changed the account password?
> -Marshall

As the original owner of the account, you can call up Blizzard and say "I
forgot my password", and they'll change it for you.