Is 60 degree on idle normal for hd 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgbkiller

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
my new sapphire hd 5450 on idle is at 60degree and on max load below 75 degree celsius. is there some problem, as my GPU doesnt have a fan but only a heat sink?

Solution
That's hot, my 6770 sits at 38 degrees celsius at idle and tops off at around 63 degrees celsius under full load. You might want to look into getting a case with better airflow. I mean, if it works, you don't really have to change it, but I would do it just to preserve the GPU as much as possible.

aznwings

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
That's hot, my 6770 sits at 38 degrees celsius at idle and tops off at around 63 degrees celsius under full load. You might want to look into getting a case with better airflow. I mean, if it works, you don't really have to change it, but I would do it just to preserve the GPU as much as possible.

Solution

dgbkiller

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
my GPU doesnt have a fan but only a heat sink. So now i took two old SMPS fans and customly made it into a good usb fan, then placed below the GPU. Curently idle temp is below 49 degree celcius. under max load it never tipped over 60 degree.

is it working normally now?

randomkid

Distinguished

Precisely my idea while I was reading the posts downward. Glad you figured it out by yourself. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.