Quad SLI in a mid tower?

chiefkikaho

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Hey Yall,

I currently have a gtx 295 in my tower and a gtx 295 sitting in the closet... I was looking to sell both to get something like a gtx 670 but it's not that easy selling these cards.... So i figured that I would buy the new psu that i need to run these power hogs instead and finally try the quad sli set up....

My question is, will I be having any problems with heat or will my current computer case suffice?

Current build:

Case: Antec Three Hundred

Graphics: GTX 295 (2)

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212+

CPU: i5 2500k

RAM: 8gb G Skills ripjaw (1600)

MOBO: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3

HDDs: an SSD for OS, and 2 others for media and gaming

Currently not overclocked but i had it stable at 4.5 before

Solution
Honestly you will notice your entire build's temperature increase because of the amount of heat released by the GTX 295's, if you are determined to do the sli then might I recommend a PCI expansion slot fan, will help move away some of that hot air. You are planning to only sli 2 gtx 295's right? Your motherboard seems to have quite a good gap between both slots so I would urge you to get the PCI fan, sli/crossfiring tends to heat up the card on the top quite a lot.

socialfox

Distinguished
Honestly you will notice your entire build's temperature increase because of the amount of heat released by the GTX 295's, if you are determined to do the sli then might I recommend a PCI expansion slot fan, will help move away some of that hot air. You are planning to only sli 2 gtx 295's right? Your motherboard seems to have quite a good gap between both slots so I would urge you to get the PCI fan, sli/crossfiring tends to heat up the card on the top quite a lot.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS