Budget PC Build

Matth512

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: Three Weeks from now

Budget Range: ???

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Minor Video Editing,

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Anywhere trustworthy, Newegg, TD, wherever.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: See below

Parts Not Required: Fresh Build - Need all parts.

It is hard to really get out what it is I am trying to ask but basically, I would like to know where you all feel is a comfortable price to be around for playing new games without any problems on high settings, not necessarily the highest, just so that it will look good. I am not sure if it is even possible but if it is I would like to leave myself open to being able to upgrade to some high end parts whenever the time is right financially but be able to play games until then. I will need all of the parts as it is a fresh build and my goal is to eventually be able to do a three monitor eyefinity/surround setup. As I said before, I am not sure if this is plausible or even possible but any constructive criticism would be great. Thanks TH community!

rblenden

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I have seen several builds in these forums for 600-650.00 that will run most of whats out there on high settings. Now thats pretty much the box cost and doesn't include monitor, keyboard, mouse and OS. If you step up to the 800-900 range you can build something that is still not high end, but will run whatever you can throw at it on ultra settings and be upgradable while holding its own for a few years down the road. Again, though, excluding the peripherals. Thats still not something that would pull off a 3 monitor set up. Thats going to cost you in the gpu department.