Sign in with
Your question

Intel or amd good for video editing, photoshop and games etc?

Last response: in CPUs
November 5, 2012 7:48:06 AM

Hi, I must purchase me a cpu for video editing, photoshop and games, however I am undecided among :
AMD 8350-8150
I7s 3820
Now that that known the 8 cores are alone against the 4, I would want to ask you if 8 cores work it is if they are really 8 or 4.
Do I also see that as ghz the amd and are they real more?
Please given me of the suggestions on the to make, and thing would suit me to purchase.
Thanks aspect news

ps:uso systematizes x64
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 8:05:17 AM

the fx 8350 is the best way to go there because of price.the fx 8350 can handle apps very nicely.fx 8350 is just weak in performance of single threaded apps but who cares about single threaded apps?it will give 1-5 fps less in games which comes in the catogary of single threaded.the fx 8350 will give head to head performance against the i7 3820 which is about $100 more then fx 8350.better go with fx 8350 and be happy with a good priced cpu:) 
November 5, 2012 9:02:59 AM

Nuovo1 said:
Hi, I must purchase me a cpu for video editing, photoshop and games, however I am undecided among :
AMD 8350-8150
I7s 3820
Now that that known the 8 cores are alone against the 4, I would want to ask you if 8 cores work it is if they are really 8 or 4.
Do I also see that as ghz the amd and are they real more?
Please given me of the suggestions on the to make, and thing would suit me to purchase.
Thanks aspect news

ps:uso systematizes x64

Check out this comparison chart and decide yourself.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/697?vs=523

If you ask me, i7 3820 is the way to go. Yes, it will be an expensive purchase. But if you can afford / money is no abject. Go with i7 3820. It will give you better performance both in multi-thread and single thread tasks. Single thread performances is also important to you, as you said this system is also for gaming, because i7 is better than FX series in games. You can see that is that chart too or any other review sites. Moreover LGA 2011 is a good upgrade path too. It will also be useful, if you intend to use more than 2 pci-e slots.

If you are on a tight budget though, I recommend you to buy a FX-8350, because it's no sloth too when comparing. :) 
November 5, 2012 10:25:31 AM

Forgive I wanted to tell me intel 3770k.
Is the same thing worth?
Related resources
!