Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Black Screen after windows 7 automatic updates

Last response: in Windows 7
January 28, 2012 7:39:36 PM

Hello,
After running updates on my windows 7 64-bit OS, I see a pop up window that states web platform customization is now being run, then the screen goes black, mouse is still working but no access to system? thoughts?
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2012 3:00:02 PM

bzscott said:
Hello,
After running updates on my windows 7 64-bit OS, I see a pop up window that states web platform customization is now being run, then the screen goes black, mouse is still working but no access to system? thoughts?

Safe mode, Windows system restore prior to updates.
March 19, 2013 11:54:55 AM

Hello, I had the same problem with my win7 32bit. But i have a solution that is very simple.
1. Press ctrl+alt+delete (all three at the same time.) Wait for a screen to appear with the options lock log off change password.
2. Select start task manager.
3. Click on new task...
4. A new window should appear. There should be a text box next to open. In the text box should be cmd. If it is not there, then type cmd. Then click okay.
5. Now windows/systemXX/cmd.exe window should be open. Please type shutdown/r .
A notification should appear saying windows will shutdown in less than a minuet. After it shutsdown it will restart automaticlly. Log on and windows should start.
Related resources
April 30, 2013 8:14:43 AM

Tara Payn3
Just wanted to say thanks...you solution worked perfectly. Although, I did have to do it twice and as it was shutting down, I got the most horrendous noise from my computer. Not sure if that is normal or not but I thought it was going do die for sure! But all is good. Clear and consise instructions were helpful for computer dummy. :-)
May 14, 2013 12:09:28 AM

MEHN THANKS FOR UR SOLUTION IT WORKED LIKE MAGIC.
!