Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I5-3570k temps?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Intel i5
Last response: in CPUs
Share
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 12:13:45 PM

Hey,

I don't know if this is normal but when at idle, all cores idle around 40 degrees but when I run prime's blend test they hover around 70 degrees. Is that normal? I have a feeling that my idle temps are a little high.

Thanks,

Mark

More about : 3570k temps

Anonymous
November 5, 2012 3:52:41 PM

HopelessNoob said:
Hey,

I don't know if this is normal but when at idle, all cores idle around 40 degrees but when I run prime's blend test they hover around 70 degrees. Is that normal? I have a feeling that my idle temps are a little high.

Thanks,

Mark


It doesn't seem bad at all. If 70 degrees is the absolute top, then it shouldn't be too bad. Idle temps for Ivybridge tend to hover around 40 degrees, but maybe a little on the high side. Some motherboards allow manual fan control so if you're a bit worried you can always manually control these. If you're using the stock cooler then you can always buy another cooler.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 4:02:45 PM

If that is the stock cooler yeah it's normal. With my 212 evo I idle at around 30c.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 4:06:53 PM

Anonymous said:
It doesn't seem bad at all. If 70 degrees is the absolute top, then it shouldn't be too bad. Idle temps for Ivybridge tend to hover around 40 degrees, but maybe a little on the high side. Some motherboards allow manual fan control so if you're a bit worried you can always manually control these. If you're using the stock cooler then you can always buy another cooler.


Thanks for the reply I set the CPU cooler to run at 100% and I still get these temps:

Oh and I'm running a 212 EVO

On HWMonitor:

core 0: 40
core 1: 45
core 2: 35
core 3: 45

On Speedfan:

core 0: 36
core 1: 40
core 2: 31
core 3: 41

which one do I trust? And I still think those temps are high for when my cooler is running at 100% :/ 
m
0
l
Anonymous
November 5, 2012 4:13:33 PM

HopelessNoob said:
Thanks for the reply I set the CPU cooler to run at 100% and I still get these temps:

Oh and I'm running a 212 EVO

On HWMonitor:

core 0: 40
core 1: 45
core 2: 35
core 3: 45

On Speedfan:

core 0: 36
core 1: 40
core 2: 31
core 3: 41

which one do I trust? And I still think those temps are high for when my cooler is running at 100% :/ 


Not a bad cooler, but I'm a little concerned by the fact you're running at 100% and you have these temps. Did you apply enough thermal paste? Is your airflow good? How many RPM is 100% with your cooler exactly? With my i7 3770k it will run at about 22 degrees idle when fan is set to 70%.

Also I usually believe in HWiNFO. :D 

By the way my cooler is an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 4:17:07 PM

How hot is the room your computer is it?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 4:48:46 PM

My room is pretty cool I want to say about 70-75 degrees F
m
0
l
November 5, 2012 4:56:02 PM

My 3570k runs about 28-30 c at idle on stock cooler.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 5:02:02 PM

Did you tighten the cooler evenly? Did you put on the right amount of paste? Did you take the sticker off the cooler?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 5:50:05 PM

when i get my new case i'll re apply the thermal paste i think i put too much on the first time
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 5, 2012 6:51:30 PM

and also when i play battlefield 3 my cpu temps hover just under 80 degrees C when i set the cooler to 30% o_o
m
0
l
!