Mage with empty....

Pockets.....
OK...leveled my mage to 22,health is at 344 and mana is 1150.My skills are
tailoring(80) and enchanting(35).
How can I make any gold with these skills.Tried numerous ways and nothing
seems to work.I have to admit that this is my first online game of this
nature.Is there a site that can give me some insight on how to manage the
character better.Also how can i increase my health bar??
Do alot of solo play,so i die alot and i mean alot.One hit sometimes and off
to the graveyard again hahahaa...run run run.....do alot of running back.I
like the game alot and hate quitting one character,to have the same problem
with another.If any one can give me some advice,,,be greatly
appreciated.....Thanks

MindsEye

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

"Tom Bottomley" <tomer5103@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Pockets.....
> OK...leveled my mage to 22,health is at 344 and mana is 1150.My skills are
> tailoring(80) and enchanting(35).
> How can I make any gold with these skills.Tried numerous ways and nothing
> seems to work.I have to admit that this is my first online game of this
> nature.Is there a site that can give me some insight on how to manage the
> character better.Also how can i increase my health bar??
> Do alot of solo play,so i die alot and i mean alot.One hit sometimes and
> off to the graveyard again hahahaa...run run run.....do alot of running
> back.I like the game alot and hate quitting one character,to have the same
> problem with another.If any one can give me some advice,,,be greatly
> appreciated.....Thanks

Farm cloth. I'm not sure what you're using at that level (wool/silk,
probably), but find a nice group of humaniods a touch below your level that
drop the cloth you use, and molest them for a while. Not only will you get
(token) money off them, plus drops, you'll get cloth you can use to up your
tradeskill *and* either disenchant (if the items you're making are green or
better), or vendor (if you don't want to work on enchanting, and just want
to focus on moneys).

-[Blayde]-

"Tom Bottomley" <tomer5103@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Pockets.....
> OK...leveled my mage to 22,health is at 344 and mana is 1150.My skills are
> tailoring(80) and enchanting(35).
> How can I make any gold with these skills.Tried numerous ways and nothing
> seems to work.I have to admit that this is my first online game of this
> nature.Is there a site that can give me some insight on how to manage the
> character better.Also how can i increase my health bar??
> Do alot of solo play,so i die alot and i mean alot.One hit sometimes and
> off to the graveyard again hahahaa...run run run.....do alot of running
> back.I like the game alot and hate quitting one character,to have the same
> problem with another.If any one can give me some advice,,,be greatly
> appreciated.....Thanks

I just started a character on a RP server a couple of weeks ago, and she is
now level 23 and has made about 25 gold. I have mining and herbalism as my
two professions, and i am making most my money at the AH. I'll get a real
profession later on in the game.. after I get my mount, anyways. On days I
only have a small time to play, I use it to do a quick run around an area
and gather ore/herbs, but mostly, I just gather as I run quests and such. I
then mail the items to an alt character that I keep near the AH. Its
working well.

In article <_6Wee.1260381$6l.895206@pd7tw2no>,
"Tom Bottomley" <tomer5103@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Pockets.....
> OK...leveled my mage to 22,health is at 344 and mana is 1150.My skills are
> tailoring(80) and enchanting(35).
> How can I make any gold with these skills.

Disenchant any greens you find, and sell them at the AH. There was just
a good thread about exactly this.

Keep in mind, at your level, money won't pour in, but you can get a good
start. Start running instances and groups, I know you said you like to
solo, but money is a lot easier with groups.

Tried numerous ways and nothing
> seems to work.I have to admit that this is my first online game of this
> nature.Is there a site that can give me some insight on how to manage the
> character better.

Ask questions and read threads here, there are some very knowledgeable
players here, well worth paying attention to. The WOW forums are good,
too.

I've also listened in on impromptu lessons in-game, like in Goldshire,
when upper level players would teach noobs. That's one aspect of teh
game I really, really like - there are a lot of people who enjoy
teaching people like you how to play a char. Joinging guilds is also
good for learning.

Also how can i increase my health bar??

Leveling, as far as I know.

> Do alot of solo play,so i die alot and i mean alot.One hit sometimes and off
> to the graveyard again hahahaa...run run run.....do alot of running back.

Wait until you try raiding Tarran Mill as a level 40, like I did the
other night. For me it was run run run run squish rez run run run run
squish rez run run run run squish rez run run run run squish rez...

> like the game alot and hate quitting one character,to have the same problem
> with another.If any one can give me some advice,,,be greatly
> appreciated.....Thanks

Well, how about some general advice - relax, enjoy the game, accept that
you'll make mistakes, start grouping and talking to other players, and
don't worry.

mikel

Tom Bottomley wrote:

[...]

> Also how can i increase my health bar??

[...]

1. Level up

2. Get gear that has stamina buffs on it. Find items of clothing,
weapons, rings, trinkets, and so on with plus something Stamina, or plus
something Health

"mikel" <mikel@evins.net> wrote in message
> Tom Bottomley wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Also how can i increase my health bar??
>
> [...]
>
> 1. Level up
>
> 2. Get gear that has stamina buffs on it. Find items of clothing, weapons,
> rings, trinkets, and so on with plus something Stamina, or plus something
> Health

Drink V-8.

Thanks for all the advice,guess i'll keep grinding away.Playing on Peronold
server as Kanada if any body wants to party for xp......thanks again :)
"Tom Bottomley" <tomer5103@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Pockets.....
> OK...leveled my mage to 22,health is at 344 and mana is 1150.My skills are
> tailoring(80) and enchanting(35).
> How can I make any gold with these skills.Tried numerous ways and nothing
> seems to work.I have to admit that this is my first online game of this
> nature.Is there a site that can give me some insight on how to manage the
> character better.Also how can i increase my health bar??
> Do alot of solo play,so i die alot and i mean alot.One hit sometimes and
> off to the graveyard again hahahaa...run run run.....do alot of running
> back.I like the game alot and hate quitting one character,to have the same
> problem with another.If any one can give me some advice,,,be greatly
> appreciated.....Thanks

> OK...leveled my mage to 22,health is at 344 and mana is 1150.My
skills are
> tailoring(80) and enchanting(35).
> How can I make any gold with these skills.

Expect to be very poor.

Arguably, Enchantment & Engineering are only really useful beginning at
lvl 45.

Personally, I'd go Tailor/Skinner and just sell the Leather on the AH.
Items from Herbalism go for higher amounts, but most Alchemists are
Herbalists and, as such, just farm the mats themselves..which means
that herbs can move slowly. Leatherworkers need such obscene amounts of
leather that they can't farm all the leather they need themselves...so
merchandise moves in much faster. The big ticket leathers generally
require an enterprising high level to go farm them. As for mining,
you'd have to ask someone with greater experience in that market.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]

On 2005-05-08 17:28:28 +0200, "Tom Bottomley" <tomer5103@shaw.ca> said:

> Thanks for all the advice,guess i'll keep grinding away.Playing on
> Peronold server as Kanada if any body wants to party for xp......thanks
> again :)

I played a warlock (so didnt have to save up for mount at 40) but had
same professions. I can tell you already that you wont make any money
with enchanting before you hit around 200 skill level. This combo
(tailor/enchant) is a real money drain as you end up with very little
to sell.

I solved my money problems by ignoring enchanting leveling until after
level 40. I'd regularly check the AH for component prices, and I
checked all my green/blue items to see if it would be worth more in
components than in item value itself. Enchantrix has proven to be a
great help for this and you can farm quite a lot of money this way (as
you'll see enchanting components sell quite high). Once you have your
mount and are ready to restart practicing your enchanting skill, you
can solo some of the lower instances (or take a friend along for the
ride), so you can farm the components you need for raising your skill
to the 'cool' levels.

Bollwerk hosts printable PDF overviews of all professions, that can be
a very handy help as well for getting most out of it:
http://www4.streamload.com/Nodes/Node.asp?cxInstID=95276494&nodeID=2136626150
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - [50] Warlock - EU Bloodscalp