Coolermaster HAF X question

peter_4059

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I have a question regarding the Coolermaster HAFX case - the case comes with wheels which will raise the case approximately 1" if fitted. I'd prefer to not fit the wheels however I'm wondering if this will restrict airflow to the bottom inlet (where the PSU is drawing air from) too much? The case is sitting on a solid surface and it looks like a gap is open at the front and back of the case. I'm pretty sure the manual says the wheels are optional however they don't supply any feet to fit in place of the wheels.

There must be quite a few people using this case without the wheels fitted - just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with their PSU or whether thay have fitted some feet in place of the wheels to increase the gap for ari to enter the bottom inlet?

Cheers,

Peter

Solution
Without the wheels you still have clearance from the ground which is enough for the power supply to suck air from, my only advice is not to put the computer on a carpet. The wheels true purpose is to make it easier to move around but it does also change the height from the bottom of the power supply to the floor but does not make too much of a difference. It's still a win win situations since you are getting the power supply to draw in cool air rather than exhaust warm air like top mount power supplies.

socialfox

Distinguished
Without the wheels you still have clearance from the ground which is enough for the power supply to suck air from, my only advice is not to put the computer on a carpet. The wheels true purpose is to make it easier to move around but it does also change the height from the bottom of the power supply to the floor but does not make too much of a difference. It's still a win win situations since you are getting the power supply to draw in cool air rather than exhaust warm air like top mount power supplies.

Solution

socialfox

Distinguished

I said not to place it on the carpet because of the dust on the carpet, dust buildup causes temperatures to rise. Overheating is the enemy of a computer.