Solved

Will the i5 760 overclocked to 4.0GHz bottleneck a 660Ti?

I don't feel like changing the CPU together with a motherboard yet, it cost quite a bit
However I love the GTX 660 Ti, and I am afraid that my CPU might bottleneck it

the is currently running on stock, I am planning to get a cooler and overclock the CPU to 4.0 GHz, hoping that it won't bottleneck the 660Ti

Will the i5 760 overclocked to 4.0GHz bottleneck a 660Ti?

Also, any chance the 660Ti power edition from MSI will have a sale on amazon on blackfriday?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will overclocked 0ghz bottleneck 660ti
  1. Best answer
    You will NOT bottleneck :) You have no worries.

Also, there is no knowing of what things will go on sale on Black Friday, however, from past experience, I will say that newegg usually has a massive component sale on Black Friday :) With that said, I would definitely stay up late on Thanksgiving to keep an eye out for deals ;)

On a side note, I would recommend the Radeon HD7950 over the GTX660 Ti. The castrated memory bandwidth will cripple it in the future. I personally would not want to take this risk - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-memory-bandwidth-anti-aliasing,3283-11.html
  2. mocchan said:
    You will NOT bottleneck :) You have no worries.

Also, there is no knowing of what things will go on sale on Black Friday, however, from past experience, I will say that newegg usually has a massive component sale on Black Friday :) With that said, I would definitely stay up late on Thanksgiving to keep an eye out for deals ;)

On a side note, I would recommend the Radeon HD7950 over the GTX660 Ti. The castrated memory bandwidth will cripple it in the future. I personally would not want to take this risk - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-memory-bandwidth-anti-aliasing,3283-11.html

Thank you for your reply, I'll look into it.
  3. You're very welcome :)
  4. Best answer selected by dsl2000.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Bottleneck Intel i5