Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will the i5 760 overclocked to 4.0GHz bottleneck a 660Ti?

Last response: in CPUs
November 5, 2012 8:43:42 PM

I don't feel like changing the CPU together with a motherboard yet, it cost quite a bit
However I love the GTX 660 Ti, and I am afraid that my CPU might bottleneck it

the is currently running on stock, I am planning to get a cooler and overclock the CPU to 4.0 GHz, hoping that it won't bottleneck the 660Ti

Will the i5 760 overclocked to 4.0GHz bottleneck a 660Ti?

Also, any chance the 660Ti power edition from MSI will have a sale on amazon on blackfriday?

Thanks.

Best solution

a c 109 à CPUs
November 5, 2012 8:55:53 PM

You will NOT bottleneck :)  You have no worries.

Also, there is no knowing of what things will go on sale on Black Friday, however, from past experience, I will say that newegg usually has a massive component sale on Black Friday :)  With that said, I would definitely stay up late on Thanksgiving to keep an eye out for deals ;) 

On a side note, I would recommend the Radeon HD7950 over the GTX660 Ti. The castrated memory bandwidth will cripple it in the future. I personally would not want to take this risk - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-...
November 5, 2012 10:27:49 PM

mocchan said:
You will NOT bottleneck :)  You have no worries.

Also, there is no knowing of what things will go on sale on Black Friday, however, from past experience, I will say that newegg usually has a massive component sale on Black Friday :)  With that said, I would definitely stay up late on Thanksgiving to keep an eye out for deals ;) 

On a side note, I would recommend the Radeon HD7950 over the GTX660 Ti. The castrated memory bandwidth will cripple it in the future. I personally would not want to take this risk - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-...

Thank you for your reply, I'll look into it.
m
l
Related resources
a c 109 à CPUs
November 5, 2012 10:33:26 PM

You're very welcome :) 
m
l
November 29, 2012 12:19:51 AM

Best answer selected by dsl2000.
m
l