Any lua-developers?

I'm looking for what I'm pretty sure is a custom add-on -- but I think
it'd be really popular, so you should write it! ;)

The problem: I know about 80-bazillion recipes, and I can't remember
what half of them are, anymore. I keep finding stuff that I'm pretty
sure I can use, but I don't remember HOW I use it.

What I'd like: An add-on that keeps a DB of my known recipes and their
ingredients. Then, I can ask it "I've got some course gorilla hair,
here -- what do I use that for, again?", and it will tell me "big-monkey
stew" or whatever.

NOTE: <http://www.epicurious.com> is the on-line home of _Bon Appetite_
and some other food magazine. They have this great search engine that
does something like this, so when your neighbor dumps a huge sack of
tomatoes on you, and another gives you a bushel of lemons, you can ask
"show me all the recipes that use tomatoes & lemons", and it does.
Plus, they're user-rated for ease-of-cooking & taste, so it's pretty
cool.

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):

Brian ytrede sig i <br2t71dsvho91utjehg5kbg5745jm669s6@4ax.com> med
dette:

[snip]

>Also, if any of your characters is an Enchanter, then
>http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=553 is absolutely, 100%,
>can't-live-without-it essential.

Now I can hardly wait to get a few more lvls so I can afford to pick up
the enchanting again. Great addon!
--
Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
"When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he

In article <br2t71dsvho91utjehg5kbg5745jm669s6@4ax.com>,
Brian <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote:

> >> http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=850 (this looks like the winner)

> >Nope, this one provides my question, provided I give the answer -- it's
> >exactly what I want, backwards.

> Eh? How so? I admit their description possibly isn't clear, but from the
> screenshot of the configuration thing it would appear that it will only
> show recipes that you know, and can also be set to only show recipes that
> are a certain color or better. Would seem to be exactly what you were
> asking for. Mouseover a Gorilla Hair and get a list of *known* recipes
> that use it.
>
> If that's not what you're looking for then you need to reword your request.

Hmm, maybe I need to re-read it or d/l & try it. I don't remember what
I thought it did, but it seemed useful-to-others-but-backwards-for-me,
at the time.

At any rate -- thanks oodles for your help! :)

--

"Brian" <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote in message

> I'm lucky enough to have two computers, so I can have Alla open on one,
> and
> WoW on the other. But that was more of a general "this link is useful for
> answering tradeskill questions". Lootlink was another "this is terribly
> useful, even though it doesn't answer your question".

I've refined it even further than that..

Alt-TAB , one thumb and a finger.

Or even, and this is really pushing back the boundaries of efficient
working.... you can have WoW working in a window and simply click on it when
you need to look something up!

Its like technology... but gone mad!