I really dont know whats wrong, bad vid card? Drivers? i dont know.

walkupam

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Ok, so i having a nice gaming laptop and its been working nicely until a few months ago. I first encountered this problem when i was using an HDMI cable for the first time and i had left it for a while to go eat or something. Well, when i came back the screen had gone black and i had to hard restart to get it to do anything. Since then my computer has been randomly freezing, and i mean it is totally random. Thats the first thing. The second was that about 3 weeks ago i was told that my graphics drivers might be out of date. So i went and reinstalled my drivers (ATI mobility radeon HD 5870) and got the latest drivers but then when i tried to start gaming again the screen will flicker and flicker for a while and then it will go to a screen that varies in color but always has these thick lines going down it and i have to hard restart. OR sometimes it will catch itself doing this if i just leave it for a couple seconds but then the desktop will be all pixel-y and if i try and do anything that runs graphics it will go to the screen with the lines again and i have to hard restart. Ive gone to a computer repair shop and they redid my drivers so i know i have the most recent ones, they also cleaned out my computer so i dont think its a heat problem. They said that they ran some disk checks so my hard drive is fine and they did a couple other running checks but everything turned out to be running fine. But this problem is also a bit selective as to when it happens. Thats why i can type this right now. Anyways, i have no idea what the problem is or could be. Im at the end of my ropes here guys. Here are some system specs in case that may help:

ASUS notebook G73Jh series
Intel core i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz
ATI mobility radeon HD 5870
64 bit OS
6 GB RAM

G

am yet to used that feature. Most probably u will have to upload ur image to some image sharing site like imageshack etc. Copy regd link from there and paste it here.