Cpuwarrior

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I need to upgrade my system I have a $200 dollar budget and this is what I need:
New graphics card
New CPU
Be able to play battlefield 3 on medium/high setting 40 fps

Current CPU:Amd athlon x2 4200+ 2.2 GHz
Current GPU: AMD radeon hd 5450 512mb

Mobo:http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9N6PGM2-V2.html#/?div=Basic

Note: Mobo has 95 TDP limit for CPU

Thanks.

Solution
I don't think you're going to get anywhere near there on that budget. Spending any of it on upgrades will mostly be wasted. Assuming you have at least 2GB of RAM in your system, about the best you'll do is replace the HD5450 with a HD7750 for about $110. I think you'd be a lot better served by accumulating a total closer to $600 and then building an entirely new system.
I don't think you're going to get anywhere near there on that budget. Spending any of it on upgrades will mostly be wasted. Assuming you have at least 2GB of RAM in your system, about the best you'll do is replace the HD5450 with a HD7750 for about $110. I think you'd be a lot better served by accumulating a total closer to $600 and then building an entirely new system.

Solution
I am with jtt283 on this one.

There are just too many things in your current PC that needs to be upgraded. PSU seems to be a generic brand one which is not something you should trust your components with. CPU is quite weak for gaming. $200 won't get you much at all.

Cpuwarrior

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

thanks for your answer, it was good and I think I could throw a not too bad system together for 450-500 with my local computer shops. :)

TRENDING THREADS