Need help regarding power supply pin for new graphics card

axefan88

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hello,
I recently ordered a new graphics card. A EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Classified. I'm concerend because I just noticed it needs (2) 8 pin connections and I'm only set up with (2) 6 pin connectors. What do I do in this case ? Can I order 6 pin to 8 pin adapter cables and use those ?? Please let me know.... a little concerned. Thanks !

It looks to me like the card needs a 6 pin and an 8 pin and you can get an adaptor that will convert two 6 pins to an 8 pin or two molex connectors to an 6 pin. What comes with the card is a two 6 pin to one 8 pin adaptor and it also comes with a two molex connector to one 6 pin connector so with the two 6 pin connectors that you have you should have enough.

axefan88

Honorable
May 5, 2012

So you think I will be ok ?? Someone was telling me this won't work and that these adapters can be trouble ??

Well I don't know about that because if you look at the picture of what the contents of the box contains when the card is shipped it includes a molex to 6 pin adaptor and a two 6 pin to 8 pin adaptor. So this is the manufacturer of the card suppling the adaptors and if it was going to be trouble why would they give you those adaptors instead of telling you that you need a power supply with the correct adaptors. Does your power supply say that it is compatable with Pci-e video cards and does it have any 6 or 8 pin connectors? You have stated that there are two 6 pin connectors on the power supply so converting those two to one 8 pin and the two molex to one 6 pin will give you the watts that you need.
Please list your power supply brand and model and I will look into this further.
The tech support at Evga can be very helpful and you should cintact them and ask them this question to see what they say about it.

It's a 1000w power supply and you only have two 6 pin connectors? You have more than enough power to use those adaptors , I think that the people were talking about low wattage power supplies having trouble with enough watts and amps.
You might want to look at the cable again and check to see if you have any 8 pin pci-e cables and they may be the 6+2 type that can be used as a 6 pin or 8 pin. If you can look at this link you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198018