Need help regarding power supply pin for new graphics card

Hello,
I recently ordered a new graphics card. A EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Classified. I'm concerend because I just noticed it needs (2) 8 pin connections and I'm only set up with (2) 6 pin connectors. What do I do in this case ? Can I order 6 pin to 8 pin adapter cables and use those ?? Please let me know.... a little concerned. Thanks !
3 answers Last reply
More about need power supply graphics card
  1. It looks to me like the card needs a 6 pin and an 8 pin and you can get an adaptor that will convert two 6 pins to an 8 pin or two molex connectors to an 6 pin. What comes with the card is a two 6 pin to one 8 pin adaptor and it also comes with a two molex connector to one 6 pin connector so with the two 6 pin connectors that you have you should have enough.
  2. What is the make and model of your power supply unit?

It's not as simple as using an adapter cable.
  3. axefan88 said:
    Hello,
    I recently ordered a new graphics card. A EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Classified. I'm concerend because I just noticed it needs (2) 8 pin connections and I'm only set up with (2) 6 pin connectors. What do I do in this case ? Can I order 6 pin to 8 pin adapter cables and use those ?? Please let me know.... a little concerned. Thanks !

Yes, only need 1
    http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-6-Pin-PCI-E-8-Pin-Cable/dp/B002SZ45BU
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Graphics