Searching for photogallery.msi on restart

Tried to set a locally saved picture as the wallpaper on my parents new
emachines desktop 'puter. It wanted to install MS PhotoGallery and required
the XP disc with the photogallery.msi file on it. Unfortunately, emachines
does not provide OS setup discs with their computers and now every time we
start the machine, it continues to try and install PhotoGallery using the
photogallery.msi file. In fact, you have to cancel out of this about 4-5
times before it gives up. Is there anyway to kill this process, permanently?
I cannot get XP setup discs from the computer manufacturer.

Many thanks in advance,
4 answers Last reply
More about searching photogallery restart

    Hello,

    I have just had a similar experience and found that the file in
    question was on my HP printer installation disc. I inserted the disc
    into the drive on bootup, windows installer found the file and the
    problem was solved.

    Regards.

    --
    Mirandola
    Mirandola's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=178

    Thanks for the reply - they have an HP printer and I will suggest this to them!

    "Penguintrax" wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply - they have an HP printer and I will
    > suggest this to them!
    >
    > "Mirandola" wrote:
    >

    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have just had a similar experience and found that the file
    > in
    > > question was on my HP printer installation disc. I inserted
    > the disc
    > > into the drive on bootup, windows installer found the file
    > and the
    > > problem was solved.
    > >
    > > Regards.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Mirandola

    > ----------
    > > Mirandola's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=178
    > > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-2170642

    I have the same issue. I put in the installation disc and still no
    luck. Here is the message I now get.

    The file C:temp\PhotoGallery.msi is not a valid installation package
    for the product PhotoGallery. Try to find the installation package
    ’PhotoGallary’ from a folder in which you can install PhotoGallery

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Customize-Searching-photogallery.msi-restart-ftopict270700.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1087479

    "Sneath" wrote:
    > I have the same issue. I put in the installation disc and
    > still no luck. Here is the message I now get.
    >
    > The file C:tempPhotoGallery.msi is not a valid installation
    > package for the product PhotoGallery. Try to find the
    > installation package 'PhotoGallary' from a folder in which you
    > can install PhotoGallery

    Thanks for the advice re PhotoGallery.msi. I did as suggested and the
    problem has been solved.
    Thank you,
    Georgiegirl :lol:

Configuration Windows XP MSI-Microstar