Sign in with
Your question

LGA1155 Missing two pins, confirm my findings?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 6, 2012 1:50:54 AM

So my LGA1155 is missing two pins, and after reading this i found out that i can somehow find the pins I'm missing:
Intel PDF

Mirroring and cross referencing with this info in my head to find out who is who, I found out that E-31 and F-30 is broken

Now I was searching for a LGA1155 pin map, and found this one that supposedly is for Sandy-Bridge

E-31 and F-30 is both labeled as VCC, so I think it should be okay to use, but can someone confirm that I've deducted this information correctly?

Remember that the socket pin layout is mirrored contra the CPU layout.

I hope someone can confirm or deny my findings ASAP :) 
a c 124 à CPUs
November 6, 2012 2:27:11 AM

F30 and E31 are VCC.

Two fewer VCC pins out of over a hundred should not make much of a difference unless they have some other function on some SKUs but happen to be declared as VCCs in the pinout you found. It happens.
November 6, 2012 2:35:42 AM

InvalidError said:
F30 and E31 are VCC.

Two fewer VCC pins out of over a hundred should not make much of a difference unless they have some other function on some SKUs but happen to be declared as VCCs in the pinout you found. It happens.

So I have found out the correct pin and function? :) 
November 6, 2012 3:26:44 AM

Okay, so the pins are declared VCC's, now can you see any more pins that is misaligned? maybe hard to se from photo, but they should all be okay.
a c 146 à CPUs
November 6, 2012 3:31:43 AM

It's hard to tell from the pciture but the rest look fine. Does the CPU work? If so it is probably fine. Usually if you break an important pin the computer won't turn on...PERIOD, it's DOA.
November 6, 2012 3:36:26 AM

before I started checking, it would reboot after a few sec all the time indicating something was wrong. lets hope I've found the cause!
November 6, 2012 3:38:50 AM

Actually, I'm gonna take a few more pics later today (its almost school time holy crap the night is over) ad post for you to see, cause I'm not sure how important it is that they are EXACTLY correct, I don't know what the fault tolerance is.
December 23, 2012 5:35:56 PM

I am impressed by the very big colored map of all the pins for socket 1155.
From where is it coming from.
Now for this vue is it the pin side (socket) or the CPU pin side in direct vue.

Jojoke
a c 78 à CPUs
December 23, 2012 5:51:10 PM

3rd and 4th vertical rows from center, at the top, seem to have some issues.

The stuff you circled looks too well organized and pretty to be "damage". Maybe a manufacturing defect?
!