Sound card for windows 8

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Windows 8
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
November 6, 2012 6:17:05 AM

Let me say first it has to be 7.1 capable and pcie slot.

I am looking to get a top end sound card. I have looked at the asus xonar as well as the ht omega series. However from what ive read there are driver problems with both for windows 8. Can anyone recomend a 7.1 channel sound card that uses a pcie slot that delivers amazing headphone quality sound and is stable with windows 8? Help please!

More about : sound card windows

November 6, 2012 11:26:32 AM

Main question is if you need a headphone amp, are just the analog 7.1. If you need both, the ASUS Xonar Xense/Phoebus are the top two competitors, with the Auzentech Forte/Bravura as alternate options.
Score
November 6, 2012 4:29:04 PM

Well to be honest not sure what a headphone amp is. Im new to high performance audio. However i can tell you im getting the astro a50s and i dont want the quality of the headphones to be held back by my soundcard
Score
Related resources
November 6, 2012 5:15:59 PM

^^ The reverse will likely be true. The A50's (along with 95% of all headsets) are "meh" by audiophile standards.

Anyway, based on the headset choice, the best option without going overboard is likely the ASUS Xonar DX.
Score
November 6, 2012 6:05:41 PM

Thx for all te help! Do you have any advice on good speakers for a computer? I contemplated getting a full blown 7.1 system however my room is small so i also contemplated going with a sound bar to free up space however maybe that is a bad choice seeing as the bar will be 1-2 feet away from the user except when im doing something wirelessly which will only be 10 percent of the time. Any tips/help? My price range is anywhere between 700-1200 or less if the performance isnt hindered by price. Any headsets you reccomend. A50s were simply best i could find
Score

Best solution

November 6, 2012 6:19:46 PM

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphon...

My recommendation is a good headset paired with a clip-on mic, and a soundcard (like the DX) capable of dolby headphone.
November 6, 2012 6:46:47 PM

Best answer selected by Jdlutz89.
Score
!