Sign in with
Your question

Can I run 5.1 on my laptop

Last response: in Components
November 6, 2012 6:42:19 AM

Hey Guys.

I recently bought a turtle beach z6a headset for my pc, but i was wondering if i was able to use the full 5.1 range on my laptop too?

I have an msi gt70 which has 4 input jacks on the side (headphone, mic, line-in and front speaker out)
The audio manager that is installed is Realtek HD.

I have swapped the settings to 5.1 and it gives me a front speaker input, center sub input, rear input and another front speaker input (which is what i think is causeing my problems)

I managed to get the full range of each speaker, but the front speakers of the headphones (depending on which front speaker input i use) seem to be giving a really washy type sound. I know its not the headphones because i tested it on my desktop soundcard.

it seams that the two front speaker inputs are acting as left and right inputs and when only one is plugged in it doesnt give full range to the opposite speaker.

Please help
ps. i apologise if i dont make much sense, its hard to explain haha :) 

Thanks guys!

More about : run laptop

November 6, 2012 8:12:33 AM

Try this:

In realtek control panel click this yellow icon:

and enable jack detection. Disconnect all cables and connect them one by one. Each time it should ask you what was connected. Select appropriate speakers.

If there is no jack sensing option, your manual says you should connect your speakers to following inputs:
Front Speakers to input marked as headphones
Center/Sub speakers to input marked as microphone
Rear speakers to input marked as line in (circle with arrow directed inwards)
m
l
November 6, 2012 12:50:21 PM

Bejusek said:
Try this:

In realtek control panel click this yellow icon:
http://www.blog.danamccall.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/realtek.jpg
and enable jack detection. Disconnect all cables and connect them one by one. Each time it should ask you what was connected. Select appropriate speakers.

If there is no jack sensing option, your manual says you should connect your speakers to following inputs:
Front Speakers to input marked as headphones
Center/Sub speakers to input marked as microphone
Rear speakers to input marked as line in (circle with arrow directed inwards)

Thank you Bejusek, for such a thorough answer. unfortunately i have done all this.
It seems that when i plug the front speaker cable (green) in the headphone jack it only gives the full range out of one of the headphones.
unless i can get a splitter that can split the green jack into a left and right jack im not sure what to do :S

Thanks again.
m
l
January 7, 2013 12:34:00 PM

I am having the same issue. I have an MSI gt70 laptop and purchased a set of Turtle Beach Z6A's. I cannot figure out how to get them working for the life of me. I can get them to function as amazing headphones, but not as a headset, with the mic working too. :(  Please help!!!
m
l
Related resources
!